“Twice in a week!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #29 of 812 Restaurants in Norwich
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Twice in a week!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Visited Pedro's twice in 8 days through different organisations once on a Friday night and one on a Saturday. Had a great time & meal on both visits. Be warned the portions are big second time round went with main and desert as didnt make desert on first visit. Agree staff are fantastic and encourage you to have fun just love the hats !! Thoroughly recommend this restaurant !!

• Visited July 2014

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Packing 'em in at Pedro's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Never been to Pedro's before. Norfolk Arsenal Supporters' Club decided to hold their end of season dinner there. Went with my son-in-law. The place was packed!! Lovely atmosphere though with all sorts of groups, including a hen party. Plates looked stacked with food - my idea of a proper meal.
A little cramped where we sat but, once menus had been inspected we were ready to order. I warned companions that portions were massive - fell on deaf ears. They decided to have a starter!
When the food came out their starters were as big as some restaurants' mains!!Boy did they struggle! Lovely food, well cooked - couldn't wait for mine to be put before me. I ordered Surf and Turf with salad and saute potatoes.
I wasn't disappointed - lovely chillied beef (minced) and a variety of prawns and other sea food.
Watched my mates eyes pop out when they got theirs - they had already struggled with their starters.
Lovely plate of food, just the right amount for me without pigging out. Same with my son-in-law.
Still laughing at my friends trying their best to finish 15 minutes later.
What else? The atmosphere continued to be great and later the waiters and waitresses added to the fun by singing and dancing along to the mostly 80s music. Drinks weren't too expensive either.
A great night out!!
Going again soon - perhaps use Spree vouchers next time.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Pedros N, Manager at Pedro's Mexican Cantina, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Good afternoon Rick

Firstly thank you ever so much for kindly leaving an honest review of Pedro's. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere, it is something we strive to deliver above and beyond other restaurants.
Extremely happy to hear you loved your food, yes we do offer fantastic portion sizes. Our team of waiters and waitresses are a complement to us here, and we are thrilled that you enjoyed their complimentary singing and dancing :)

We very much look forward to welcoming you back into the restaurant soon.

Norwich, United Kingdom
“An Enjoyable Lunch in the Park !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

I had heard about Pedro's but never quite managed to get there until the other day. Carmen my partner loves Mexican food so after a horrible few hours shopping we ventured to the 'Cantina' for a bite to eat. Its really quirky and has a great location, if your in to people spotting and eating al fresco its a must. The inside was cosy but we chose to go outside. The chairs outside are those horrible corigated aluminium chairs that are uncomfortable and leave ridges in your bottom, but that didnt matter as a Corona for Carmen and a large Mojito was on its way, the sun was out and the varied menu which catered for diferent tastes and vegetarians alike was loaded with yummy choices. The mojito was G R E A T - well mixed and really tasty - hard to get the mixture spot on - but it was. Carmen had the Chimi Changa and I had the Enchilladas both of the chicken variety with a side order of potato skins. All I can say are that the portions are huge, very tasty and well put together and great value for money. There are specials available and when we said we have Vegan friends,( strange people Vegans !!!!) they told us that they would do something special and buy in some Vegan cheese etc given a bit of notice. I thought that was really great service. Nothing seemed too much trouble. Mathew the waiter / entertainer (not Mexican :( ) was very attentive and even brought us a couple of Sombreros to pose in. I bet the atmosphere at night is great and I look forward to returning soon.

Good afternoon

Firstly may we thank you for your honest review of Pedro's. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit to us.
Our location certainly is one of a kind and we certainly try to make the most of it, especially when the sun is shining.
our apologies about the chairs, but I am sure you understand they are weatherproof,practical and sturdy etc.
So so pleased you enjoyed your cocktail, our specially trained bar team strive to deliver nothing but the best :)
Matthew your waiter is a valued member of our team and has been for some years now, he is a credit to our team, again we are delighted he made your visit much more enjoyable, however his Mexican accent does indeed need some improvement :)

We are very much looking forward to your next visit!

Norwich
“PARTY PLACE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I visited on Saturday ( 23rd June 2014) I was greeted at the door by a lovely lady and was seated quickly and are waiter ( matty D as says on our bill) was very polite and very friendly he took our drinks order and gave some time to browse the menu when returning with our drinks he took our food order and said he hope we have a nice evening
The atmosphere was fabulous there was a birthday party going on and everyone seemed to be having fun
Our food arrived shortly after and I had the sizzling fajita it was hot and it was a big portion my partner had the chimichanger which he described as very enjoyable and very filling all the staff were bubbly smiley people and we was made to feel very welcome
This was our first time at this restaurant and I can happily say I would recommend pedros to anyone who likes Mexican food and value for money

1 Thank Scissorhands90
Good Afternoon

Firstly may we thank you for your honest review of Pedro's.
We are delighted to hear that everything throughout your dining experience exceeded your expectations.
We would be delighted to welcome you back anytime, and indeed are very much looking forward to your next visit to the restaurant.

Long Stratton, United Kingdom
“Such a good night, every time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Every time I come here, the meals are fantastic (and huge!!), the staff are friendly and the music is awesome.
You get to wear sombreros and the cocktails are delicious.
I haven't had a bad meal here, although I'm often too full to have puddings, which sound so yummy.

• Visited December 2013
Good afternoon Ellie

Firstly may we thank you for your honest review of Pedro's.
We are delighted to hear that each and every time you've visited that we have delivered fantastic food, service and atmosphere. We are also pleased you enjoy the sombreros and cocktails, we have a dedicated bar team with a desire to deliver nothing but the best quench thirsters!
Hopefully one day you'll have some room to try our indeed 'yummy' dessert menu.

We thoroughly look forward to welcoming you back soon.