“Good for whole plate meals-”
Review of Torero

Torero
Ranked #128 of 835 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Good for whole plate meals-”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This was our second visit and though I would have preferred to have a complete meal as my husband did I shared tapas with another. My husband`s meal was really good with lovely fresh veg but I did think our tapas were not that fantastic. The calamari were- really soft and juicy -lovely but I was not keen on the fried chirozo sausage. Maybe this is genuine tapas I am not sure- the sauteed veg was fine but the king prawns i would have liked did not come - instead stuff mussels which are really full of a cheese sauce and didn`t taste of mussels.
Maybe tapas as a novelty has worn thin with me. I certainly think their strength is with the complete meals. I understand from someone living in Norwich, they are the best tapas in Norwich so on that basis it is worth going to .
Service fine and it is obviously popular. No one turned away so possibly people are booking as I suggested in earlier review.

• Visited April 2014

Northampton, United Kingdom
“Poor service, but good food”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I used to live in Spain and speak good Spanish. I phoned to make a dinner reservation and spoke Spanish with the owner - very nice man who was keen to speak Spanish with me.

On arrival, we were served by a waiter who was from Bilboa. I spoke to him in Spanish but he answered every question in English. We struggled to get his attention and had to wave at him for service - it felt like we were an inconvenience to him.

Good food but poor service (April 9th)

• Visited April 2014
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Brillant meal”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Never been impressed by Spanish food before but certainly was last night. A wide range of tapas, can't wait to go back to try another 6!

• Visited March 2014
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Great food and wine, odd ambiance”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We had booked a table for dinner on Friday evening. We ordered a mix of tapas dishes and had a delicious bottle of wine. The food was great, authentic, fresh, good portion sizes, reasonably priced. The staff were welcoming and served us very swiftly. However, the place was less than half full, a little cold, and the music that was playing was more like hissing white noise. It was loud enough to inhibit conversation but we couldn't actually make out any tune so it quickly became an irritation. Although the staff were efficient and friendly, they weren't very 'present' and didn't create a warm ambiance. We ate quickly, enjoyed our meal and left. If you are going with a group and are happy to create your own atmosphere, this place could be great.

• Visited February 2014
Hitchin, United Kingdom
“could have been back in ibiza town !!”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Picked the Torero after reading reviews on here and was not dissapointed.
Chose several different tapas dishes and all were really tastey with a great mix of flavours all washed down witha nice little red! even managed deserts and coffees.
staff were polite and attentive and food very reasonably priced.
We would return if returning to Norwich.

• Visited February 2014