“Best Pie I have ever tasted .” 4 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
Taste of Oz
Cuisines: American, Australian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Best Pie I have ever tasted .”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

While I was reading the menu and deliberating over what to choose a real homemade pie wafted past me on its way to another lucky diner. I was told they had just come out of the oven by the very attentive waitress. It was the most delicious pie I have ever tasted , beautiful crisp golden pastry crammed with delicious steak and a hint of kidney. It was only a couple of nights ago but I think I'll have another one tonight ! Mmmm !

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

“A very enjoyable evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

Visited the taste of oz for the first time even though I live on their doorstep and wasn't disappointed , very friendly staff the minute you walk in the door and a lovely atmosphere, as a group of four kids and four adults we expected a bit of a delay but food was served in good time and was worth every penny. Both the kangaroo and the tuna are worth trying, can't comment on anything else as haven tried yet ....... But will soon.

Norwich, United Kingdom
“An evening well spent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

Upon our latest of many visits The Outback (formerly known as The Taste of OZ) delivers again.
High standards of customer service which is matched by quality of the food.
My partner and i both enjoy the kangaroo along with the crocodile, which as usual were delicious. We would always recommend a visit as its a great place for everyone, in a nice setting, with a welcoming atmosphere.

Norwich
“My last trip to the Outback”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

6 years ago when I first ate at this restaurant, it was decent quality fare, an entertaining atmosphere and quite a special dining experience. I feel that those days have gone and the standards across the board are poor. I went last night and for the second time in a row, I had tummy upset and running visits required to my bathroom. Something is rotten in the billabong!

To be fair, the first course was very good, a duo of large spring rolls filled with duck and pork, with really tasty sauces. A good start! However, the waitress who took my order of Lamb Shank asked me how I wanted my Lamb done. I went for safe old "medium" and waited. And waited and waited. The restaurant was full, so patience was being observed and I would rather they spent time on my food than rushed it. Unfortunately, they didn't rush it, far from it, they burnt it. Some of the meat was so overdone it tasted like crispy shredded duck and shattered when I bit into it. This was the kind of food you should send back, but this is the second time I have gone to the Outback with low expectations and found them more than met. In fact, I used one of the ever popular Tickles vouchers which is always good to offset a new restaurant or one that you are unsure of in terms of consistency. They even managed to mess up the mash on my wife's plate, which was lumpy and unpleasant. She also hated her meal and enjoyed much heartburn for the rest of the evening.
Anyway, the main meal was very poor, very bland and had no character at all. I do not like eating food that I could only cook better myself. Being asked how I want the dish done and then cremating it, is insult to injury. No spicing, no wine used in the cooking, over cooked and presentation like any canine might enjoy of a morning. Harsh, but I was the recipient of a really shameful main. I do confront restaurants when they make a mistake and ask them to sort it or refund me. However, this is not the first time they have seriously failed and I want people to beware when venturing out back.
The simple fact is the restaurant has gone down hill and looks like a regional MacDonald's, it even had some Outback balloons around the place last night...Classy! When I pay £15 or more for a main, it should deliver. Instead it sent me...running all the way! Conclusion? Never again. There are too many great restaurants around Norwich to bother with tired tucker!

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Taverham, United Kingdom
“Taste of Oz i'sh”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013 via mobile

Visited during the ay and the restaurant was fairly deserted, the menus has some Aussie theams but not overly. I went for the hoaky (fish) and this was well cooked but to be honest could have been a bit of cod as there was little taste. Service was good but you did have to go looking for them. Perhaps I caught them at a bad time but wasn't a great experience and I would think about visiting again. .

1 Thank Andrew M