“Never even got there!!!!”
Review of Taste of Oz - CLOSED

Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Having booked a table for 10 for my wife's birthday some weeks ago I received a phone call six days beforehand informing me that the waitress who took my original reservation no longer worked there and should not have taken the booking as there was no room in the restaurant. The caller offered me a table in the bar of the adjoining pub but was pretty unhelpful saying it was not her fault. I declined the offer as we wanted to eat in the restaurant as it was a special occasion. Previous visits have been a good night out but obviously it is now a place to avoid as the management will not take any responsibility for the actions of their staff.

2  Thank Jazzjerry

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Lovely food with a twist.
A chance to try something a little different.
Loved the croc starter and the stew.

1  Thank Gavin C
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Best steak and sides we have had in a long time. Staff we're very welcoming and efficient, very good value for money with sides served in separate dishes so did not swamp the plate. Toilets very clean.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

I was very impressed with the quality of the vegetarian food which I had here on Friday 13th December and the suggestions that the chef made to make our starters more interesting. Unfortunately there were not enough people at the party night to make it a success but they did try.

1  Thank shirleyann50
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

We booked 2 weeks in advance to be told when we arrived that everybody had turned up at once and there were no menus left. The restaurant was only half full! After waiting 5-10 mins for the menu it took another 25 mins for our order to be taken. Then there was a long wait for starters and drinks and it was an hour from arriving that we finally got our starters. Got our starters and sauce was missing from the prawns. Couldn't get the attention of the staff so when they came to clear in and we mentioned it she then said shall I get you the sauce?!? It took a further 30 mins for our mains to arrive. The meats were lovely, but some of the veg had black bits on them as they were so old. We had grilled prawns with one of the mains and they were so overcooked they were disintegrating. We told the waitress who didn't apologise or offer to replace them. We did order desserts but the portion were small and linked like it was just chucked in a bowl or on a plate.

We have been here on numerous occasions but don't think we'll be coming back soon.

1  Thank Cloggiee