“A great time guaranteed”
Review of Mambo Jambo

Mambo Jambo
Ranked #109 of 870 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: About Us We are based in the heart of Norwich and are known for being a hot ‘n’ hopping place to eat. We specialise in Mexican and South American flavours, combined with a themed atmosphere making our venue the perfect place to have birthday parties, corporate function, leaving do’s or a great night out with friends. The restaurant has been open for nearly 22 years.
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Lunch time or evening the food is always great, as is the service. The portions are very generous, the choice is great, the atmosphere is good and the cocktails are great. A fantastic venue for a group but equally good for two. I've lost count of the amount of times I've visited. I recommend the salads - they are huge and contain everything; you won't want anything else - and anything cajun.

The only negative thing I can think of is that it can be a little chilly at lunch time but otherwise no complaints.

1  Thank Alison R

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Visited without a reservation. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Food portions were generous, delicious and piping hot. Atmosphere was relaxing - all one needs to chill out :)

Reviewed 20 March 2014

There were 12 of us apart of a hen weekend. When I phoned and booked the table the staff were so polite and helpful. The meal itself was absolutely lovely, but massive portions, we wouldn't of had a starter had we known how big the portions were :-) however staff fab, sweet venue.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Access is not great if you cannot manage steps, such is the nature of the building but we can and we love it. this isnt our first visit as every birthday we come come here at lunch time (no need to book) and gorge ourselves on their amazing burgers or fajitas. the atmospheres always good, the food never fails, the service is always 1st class. if you dont like it loud and large, dont come here but if you enjoy great variety of food and a buzz theres no better place to eat in Norwich.

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

When we arrived we faced the immediate confusion of where do we go to be seated!?! We walked into the middle of the restaurant and when I asked where do we sit we were informed anywhere! After sitting down in the first section we noticed that when a heavy sett man decided to bound past us every couple of seconds in what seemed his mid dinner workout, our table began to shake like something out of Jurassic park. Cause either extremely heavy sett man or knackered floorboards! After said man had done his laps we tried to decipher the menu, the font, colour and layout of the menu was not great and after several minutes squinting we decided on our dishes. During this time I noticed that in the backround there was a Mexican rave going on. Nope it was the restaurants chosen dinner music, crack out the whistle and the shapes. Now on to the food.....the food was in short alright. That is not a negative nor is it a positive. The starters were deep fried jalepenos with creme cheese, I would not recommend this option as the cheese was flavourless and the peppers had shrunk, so I was basically eating deep fried breadcrumbs. The main I had the mambos combo, the meat was flavourless and not seasoned enough the scampi was the usual pub/Zak's esque the goujons were frozen I think as the breadcrumbs slipped off like they were afraid of the chicken. The positive is you had enough to fill you up, however if not going to do a proper salad, DO NOT BOTHER!!! Pointless salad on the plate. Straight out of a mixed salad bag the missus had the cheeseburger....you'd have to be pretty inept to balls that up.
Onto desert. It was nice butterscotch and honeycomb were lovely, only criticism was it was like an arctic expedition to find the ice cream.
So to sum up, venue poor, food bland, uninventive and poor quality price a little bit overpriced.
As we left our instant opinion was we will not be returning.