“One to avoid”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Figaro Restaurant - CLOSED

Figaro Restaurant
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“One to avoid”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Figaro was recommended by a colleague. I have eaten in many Italian restaurants in the UK and Europe and the food at this restaurant, in comparison, was uninspiring and paid no more than lip service to its Italian menu. The wine was expensive and the rosso we had, in particular, was of poor quality and very overpriced. Based on the evening we were there, I would avoid this restaurant.

• Visited April 2014

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Just went back after 30 years !”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

I think the first time I went to Figaro's was when I was on one of my first ever dates with a girl at 17 years old, and I was looking for a romantic place to impress her !

I wouldn't say its romantic any more (maybe that's because I have been to so many great places around the world in the intervening time, rather than that Figaro's standards have dropped) but the fact is, its still in business after all this time, and still serving great food, with warm friendly and very professional service.

I loved going back ! :-)

Visited January 2014
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Another great experience here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

We have given Figaro a miss in the past few years, trying out other Italians in the city, but finding ourselves hungry and nearby, we went back. I can't complain. It is well laid out and there is always a table available on a lunchtime. The waiter and waitress that served us were friendly without being false. I had one of the specials, a chicken cooked in chili in a creamy sauce with mushrooms and penne, my husband had his favourite fusili Michelangelo, bit like a carbonara with pineapple! I've never seen this in another restaurant. Both dishes were perfect. A good amount, temperature, and obviously cooked fresh. I'm glad we remembered this place and won't leave it so long next time!

Visited February 2014
Norwich
“Regular visitor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

This is my go-to independent in Norwich when I just want a lovely meal, quick service and not at an exorbitant price. I've been with family, friends, work colleagues and most recently my baby - all occasions have been enjoyed and I've found the staff and food excellent.

“Very Rude Staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

Ive been here a few times, everytime i go here the restaurant is empty, cold and almost has a very old unclean feel to it. I cant imagine they get many people eat there.
We always get the same man, he seems to be the manager possibly but he is the only one i have ever been served by and i can honestly say ive never met somebody so rude. And it isnt just rude, its patronising, he talks down to you. Im scared to ask for anything. If you ask for another drink after he just went to the bar he will huff and puff about it. Extremely Rude

The food is nothing special and the restaurant is very dated and looks unused.
There are so many beautiful restaurants with lovely staff around norwich, i cannot give you 1 reason to try this one. Im very suprised they are still open.

• Visited January 2014