“Agree with the previous three reviews”
Review of Figaro Restaurant - CLOSED

Figaro Restaurant
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Agree with the previous three reviews”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

They sum it up very well!
Tasty freshly cooked food always served piping hot, and not a long wait.
Surprised restaurant isn't busier lunchtimes as its across the road from John Lewis and would rather eat here than John Lewis any day!
The Gentleman who waits on us is always the same and makes us welcome every time and is chatty and always speaks to my 10 year old son in a friendly pleasant manner, but not to familiar, which is nice.
We have been here around a dozen times and can honestly say the food has never been less than 9 out of 10!
Only minor thing I could criticize is cup of tea a bit expensive at £2.50 for a small cup!
I would definitely recommend a visit next time you are in Norwich!

• Visited May 2014

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Delicious”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Me and a friend went for lunch on a Friday and found the restaurant surprisingly quiet, at least this gave us a chance to get a nice table by a window.

I really can't fault the place, the food was delicious, there is a good selection on the menu, we did not have to wait long to be served or for our meal and we found the staff very friendly.

I haven't eaten here for ages and it was my friends first time, she really liked it. We both had pasta in a tomato and wine sauce with vegetables. My friend had a dessert, very well presented chocolate cake.

I am surprised this wasn't busier and why people go to other Italian restaurants as this one is far superior. Looking forward to going back.

Visited May 2014
Essex, UK
“Very good, simple, Italian food; service a bit precious”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We've eaten here each time we've visited Norwich, going back 15 years or so. Part of its charm is that the owners don't feel the need to give it periodic makeovers, the Pizza Express business model.

Usually it's a lunch time meal, as it was on this occasion. It was quite quiet, perhaps 12-15 diners. We both ordered pasta (no starters) and were politely told it would be a few minutes "Would we like some olives etc? " Neat selling trick. We succumbed and ordered garlic bread. When it arrived,, the pasta ( mine was penne amatriciana) was piping hot and very tasty. We washed it down with house red wine and finished with coffee.

Overall impression remains that the food is excellent, ambience is good but not outstanding. The service verged on obsequious, something I can't recall from earlier visits. But we will return.

• Visited May 2014
“A trusted long established restaurant”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I have been a regular visitor to Figaro's over the last 20 years and the only which surprises me is why just round the corner so many people queue up waiting to get in to other chain restaurants which have appalling service and inconsistent, bland, and expensive food. First as a couple and now as a family we are welcomed back every time by this family run restaurant. It's fair to say that it is possible to get more elaborate and fine dinning food at other more fussy, italian expensive chain restaurants but with Figaro's you'll get a good down to earth meal with no fuss. I had my (surprise) 40th birthday party at Figaro's and they do an excellent job (fantastic desserts and cake!!!). Figaro's is our most regularly used restaurant and is where we go when we want just want good robust italian food.

• Visited March 2014
Great Yarmouth, England, United Kingdom
“A birthday treat”
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

This was my first trip to restaurant and I will definitely return.
The service was outstanding and food was delicious.
The waiter was helpful, friendly and personally wished me happy birthday. It's the little things that make for excellent customer service. We were not waiting long for our food and it was hot when it arrived. I will be returning and will be recommending this restaurant to others.