“Figaro's”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My family has been visiting Figaro's for over 6 years.

We always enjoy the food and the service and it caters well for vegetarians.

For a reason I cannot fathom it is usually quiet despite being in the city centre.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

They sum it up very well!
Tasty freshly cooked food always served piping hot, and not a long wait.
Surprised restaurant isn't busier lunchtimes as its across the road from John Lewis and would rather eat here than John Lewis any day!
The Gentleman who waits on us is always the same and makes us welcome every time and is chatty and always speaks to my 10 year old son in a friendly pleasant manner, but not to familiar, which is nice.
We have been here around a dozen times and can honestly say the food has never been less than 9 out of 10!
Only minor thing I could criticize is cup of tea a bit expensive at £2.50 for a small cup!
I would definitely recommend a visit next time you are in Norwich!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Me and a friend went for lunch on a Friday and found the restaurant surprisingly quiet, at least this gave us a chance to get a nice table by a window.

I really can't fault the place, the food was delicious, there is a good selection on the menu, we did not have to wait long to be served or for our meal and we found the staff very friendly.

I haven't eaten here for ages and it was my friends first time, she really liked it. We both had pasta in a tomato and wine sauce with vegetables. My friend had a dessert, very well presented chocolate cake.

I am surprised this wasn't busier and why people go to other Italian restaurants as this one is far superior. Looking forward to going back.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We've eaten here each time we've visited Norwich, going back 15 years or so. Part of its charm is that the owners don't feel the need to give it periodic makeovers, the Pizza Express business model.

Usually it's a lunch time meal, as it was on this occasion. It was quite quiet, perhaps 12-15 diners. We both ordered pasta (no starters) and were politely told it would be a few minutes "Would we like some olives etc? " Neat selling trick. We succumbed and ordered garlic bread. When it arrived,, the pasta ( mine was penne amatriciana) was piping hot and very tasty. We washed it down with house red wine and finished with coffee.

Overall impression remains that the food is excellent, ambience is good but not outstanding. The service verged on obsequious, something I can't recall from earlier visits. But we will return.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I have been a regular visitor to Figaro's over the last 20 years and the only which surprises me is why just round the corner so many people queue up waiting to get in to other chain restaurants which have appalling service and inconsistent, bland, and expensive food. First as a couple and now as a family we are welcomed back every time by this family run restaurant. It's fair to say that it is possible to get more elaborate and fine dinning food at other more fussy, italian expensive chain restaurants but with Figaro's you'll get a good down to earth meal with no fuss. I had my (surprise) 40th birthday party at Figaro's and they do an excellent job (fantastic desserts and cake!!!). Figaro's is our most regularly used restaurant and is where we go when we want just want good robust italian food.