“Curry night for St Andrews” 4 of 5 bubbles

Nazma Indian Restaurant
Ranked #184 of 812 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Bangladeshi, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Curry night for St Andrews”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

Have been here 3 times, once when we were supposed to have a curry night for St Andrews and found out that it had been cancelled but one of the party came and dined with me. The last two occasions have been with the church for the curry night. This review is for the last time on 1st May 2014. I came here with 9 other men for St Andrews curry night, I had a diet cola which was its usual self. My food choice was a chicken tikka kurma/korma with egg rice and a plain naan bread. I am used to korma being sweet but this particular one was too sweet, the coconut in it made it taste lovely but why so sweet, the rice was lovely and the naan bread was traditional. My dessert was coconut ice cream with a glace cherry in the shell of a coconut which I always have unless the restaurant I am visiting has lychees on the menu. I contributed £15 to a meal which sounded like it cost well over £150. I will be back with the group but will have a slightly less sweet curry next time. Staff are wonderfully patient.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bugseyboo

California
“Keep your hands off my plate!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

Whenever I visit my home town I always include The Spice Lounge, the finest Indian o the planet. This time a mate suggested the Ali Tandoor down the street and when I went looking for it I found Nazma, A solo diner, they squeezed me into a corner which is fine. A good Cobra and my favourite Naan, well prepared Aloo. I decided to try one of the Bangladeshi dishes that was new to me and it was plentiful with just the right balance of flavours and spiciness but...The server had his fingers and thumb on the surface of the my plate. I should've said something but who knows what might have happened before a clean one came. It wouldn't be that big a deal except that, later on, he was scratching his nose (no, not picking) with the same fingers. No worries, Spice Lounge is still there and i still have looking for Ali Tandoori as a mission.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Just what I was hoping for!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

As the title suggests, it was a really good madras curry ... nothing more to be said. Makes a change to have a curry that doesn't disappoint!

• Visited November 2013
Suffolk
“Great Curry”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

We've used the Nazma on several occasions when visiting Norwich, the food is always excellent and the staff are friendly and attentive. There are some nice dishes on the menu which you don't always see in similar restaurants. Overall it's excellent.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank thejaspers
“Family get together”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

I had booked a table for 11 people @ 6pm on a sun for a family birthday celebration , the staff were very accommodating and helped a couple in the party with their choice of meals , we had a selection of typical Indian favourites together with sides , deserts , a couple of drinks each and coffees all for approx £20 per head inc a tip , the food was very good and flavoursome .would definitely go again .

• Visited December 2013