“A great find if you like American Diners”

Zaks Waterside Grill & Bar
Ranked #127 of 817 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: American, Pub, South American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Stevenage
“A great find if you like American Diners”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

We happened to drive past here so thought we'd go back and try it out....very luckily for us, we arrived just before a party of 30 students that practically filled the fairly small restaurant! So probably better to book ahead, a great menu, staff were good, cant fault the lovely food, a nice location by the river, we will deffo go back when we are back in the area. Highly recommend :)

Oulton, United Kingdom
“Go at lunch time! Get a spree book!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I love my american diners but i usually go to Fatsos as its normally Bogof! Zaks do better burgers but are not on offer as often and are always very busy so getting a table can be a challenge! Parking is also a nightmare! I would really recommend going to either of there restaurants at lunch time! I went Monday lunch time at 12.00 and it was almost dead. total of 6 people with a few more coming in towards the end of the meal. I can honestly say i think i have only ever had one burger more delicious then the Cheese, Bacon and Egg burger i had here. I also would recommend the onion rings and curly fries are amazing! It was £16.00 for us to have Bogof (using a spree voucher) 2 pints of pepsi and a portion of onion rings. we were so full we didn't eat an evening meal!

• Visited September 2013
Cromer, United Kingdom
“Great meal! Great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

We booked a table for 4 people to celebrate our sons GCSE results.

We arrived a little early and were greeted by a kind member of staff.

We sat outside while waiting for our table. The food was awesome. Good portion size. We decided to have Chocolate Marshmallow Mountain for dessert. It is a pudding to share, it was big. We thoroughly enjoyed the food.

Campobasso, Italy
“You want a good dinner? go elsewhere”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

This place would like to be the classic diner you can find in the States, in movies. Ok maybe they have the furniture but the food is a no no no. Burgers are overcooked and tasteless. Fries were bland and soggy. Cheesecake was nothing special, bland as well. I do not recommend.

• Visited June 2013
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
“A standard burger, nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

I had never been to Zaks, my girlfriend and been bigging it up a lot, so I agreed to give it a go, we visited on a Sunday afternoon, having been unable to book a table at there other restaurant we visited the Waterside Restaurant.

In first impressions, its not all that great, the car parking area is small and awkward to park in, the front of the restaurant isn't very inviting, inside it is small, it was clean though which was good.

We waited quite a long time for our food, the burger was nice, but I didn't personally think it was the best I've ever had, the curly fries tasted shop bought and didn't quite have the kick I would have expected.

Overall, I don't think I would visit Zaks again.

1 Thank nibloke2013