“Parking!”

Zaks Waterside Grill & Bar
Ranked #132 of 823 Restaurants in Norwich
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Parking!”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Had a table booked for half 6, arrived to find no car parking space, waited 20 minutes and no space so went elsewhere with 2 disappointed children.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Nick S
ZaksNorwich, General Manager at Zaks Waterside Grill & Bar, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Sorry about the parking Nick S and even more for your 2 disappointed children. Unfortunately the parking is a nightmare at time. There is parking along Riverside Road. Please see your in box. ;-(

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“No need to worry!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

After using Trip Advisor for research purposes for years I finally decided it's about time I made a contribution. I'm pleased to say my first review is a positive review!

I was a bit sceptical when ten of us arrived at Zak's waterside, although we had booked a table I'd failed to mention that the party consisted of eight 11 year olds and two adults! Some places I've visited with a group of hungry kids you can visibly see the waiter/waitress turn their noses up at the thought of serving a group of children, however on this occasion I had no need to worry. We were welcomed with smiles and open arms and this immediately put me at ease and set the tone for a lovely meal.

Onto the food then. We'd decided before hand to skip the starters in order to leave room for dessert. I opted for the surf and turf burger while the wife went for c&b, both served with curly fries. Both were cooked to perfection and piping hot when served, definatly no issue with cold food here! The kids went for a mixture from the junior menu that included burgers,hot dogs, chilli & nachos, Mac & cheese, chicken nuggets and meatballs. They all looked lovely and judging by the comments and the empty plates they tasted equally good. The chilli & Nacho's looked especially tasty and the adult version may come into consideration on a return visit!

For dessert the children went for marshmallow mountains, screwballs and chocolate brownies all served with cream or ice cream. All I can say is wow! Considering these were desserts from the junior menu, they were some of the finest desserts I'd ever seen. The kids were well chuffed and couldn't believe their luck! As for the adults,I chose the raspberry and white chocolate cake with ice cream and the wife went for cheesecake. After a slight issue with a frozen cheesecake the wife had a change and went for the same as me, it wasn't really a problem though as after setting her beady eyes on my dessert I think she was already regretting her choice. Perhaps we'll try the cheesecake next time.

All in all a lovely meal in a nice restaurant with happy and welcoming staff, keep up the good work and I'm sure the children will be back with their own families, I certainly will but only with my own two children and not the seven I adopted for the day!

Visited August 2014
ZaksNorwich, General Manager at Zaks Waterside Grill & Bar, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Wow!! Thank you for taking the time to give us a brilliant review. We know we can not please everyone but believe me when I say we do try. Please see your in box. Do you have one of our Loyalty Cards? ;-)
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Gave them the benefit of the doubt - Not again”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Went for a pre theatre dinner, early on a Friday evening. Few people in there, but not rammed. We ordered 2 burgers and 2 sides.
Burgers came out, along with one side (cob). Was told mac and cheese would be out shortly. I went to butter the cob, then realised it was stone cold. Sent this back.
Ate a few of my chips and went to eat my burger which was also stone cold, and the 2 onion rings that came on the burger were still raw dough in the middle! Sent burger and half of my chips back.
Whilst waiting for my burger, the cob returned luke warm and really watery, like it hadn't been drained.
Finally, when my husband had nearly finished his burger the mac and cheese arrived. Lastly, my new burger arrived, on a tiny plate with no chips. Now, i had eaten half of the other portion, but i thought with all the things that had gone wrong, they might have given me some more!
This was the first time we'd been in a few months, as the last time i went, we experienced the same problems. Everything was cold.
Such a shame, as we used to love this place. And to add insult to injury, we were offered nothing as an apology. Considering my partner had finished his food when his side arrived, i thought they may have at least taken that off the bill.
Finally, i'd like to add the one ladies toilet was absolutely filthy. In my opinion there is no need for this.
Really disappointing

• Visited August 2014
ZaksNorwich, General Manager at Zaks Waterside Grill & Bar, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Oh dear! Please see your inbox. I will investigate this. My apologies for a this disappointing visit. ;-)
“Spoilt birthday treat!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Really don't like to have to write this, but I gave looked on every Zaks site to contact them and only addresses are shown. We returned earlier from Zaks Riverside ( our first visit there after having visited for many years family, grand kids etc to Mousehold. We arrived around 6.40 received our food at 8pm very simple no side salad etc? My middle sons birthday so took him there for a treat, he was dressed in shirt with American cars and flicked hair, looked great he is 5. He had kids meal and at the end I mentioned it was his birthday and was there a chance that he could have brownie instead of ice cream which he does not like, the waiter said yeah sure, it came and I paid the bill, on the wAy out my husband said that was a bit steep, I checked and they had charged extra for the brownie???? Not a very nice birthday treat eh? Doubt we will go there again?

• Visited July 2014
ZaksNorwich, General Manager at Zaks Waterside Grill & Bar, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
I am sorry to read this please see your in box. ;-(
Norwich
“Worst Zaks we've ever had.”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We have been visiting Zaks since the caravan (1976?). Used to be very good but on this occasion, apart from the chicken wings, which were pretty good, the food was grim. The girl on the bar had not got a clue about the drinks even though, according to her, she had been at Zaks 5+ years. My burger was cooked, as ordered, medium, but was very, very dry. I complained and my meal was not charged for but that's not the point: our son had chosen a visit to Zaks as part of his birthday celebrations. Others in our party were reluctant to complain at the time but did so afterwards. Staff listened to my complaints but I got the impression that they did not really care. And when I asked if the cheesecake was baked or unbaked they had to 'look on the packet'! A real Fawlty Towers 'chef's just opened the tin' moment. Really very disappointing; I've had far better burgers at McDonald's.

• Visited June 2014
ZaksNorwich, General Manager at Zaks Waterside Grill & Bar, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
My word. Not a good experience. I will be investigation this. Howkey please see you in box. ;-(