Settle Lodge
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsb byorkshire dalesenjoyable staywelcoming hostsfull english breakfastlocal knowledgepreservesamandasofajam
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I find it so hard with small hotels and B&B's in the UK because they charge the earth and offer so little. That stupid boutique hotel in Bournemouth or the 'posh' hotel in Morecambe. Please do me a favour..... So every time I stay somewhere in the UK I have reservations, especially when I travel abroad so much. Settle Lodge is a B&B and not a hotel but you could argue that the sofas at the front of the house almost constitute a lounge. But this is small stuff compared with the important things. 1. Our room (where you sleep) was very spacious and had a sofa in. Despite being on the top floor we even got wifi access. Everything was so clean and the facilities, tea and coffee were excellent. The bed was massive but even more importantly very comfortable. 2. Breakfast - yes I know a small part of the stay - was very good and not a massive greasy spoon thing 3. The location was perfect only being a couple of hundred yards away from the town centre 4. The hosts were unobtrusive but very helpful when needed 5. The price was reasonable You know this review is genuine because we don't know the hosts first names or that it is much better since they took over etc. etc. Just stay there and enjoy.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank r2uzenblot
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Settle lodge proved to be the perfect weekend getaway. The hosts Amanda and Eduardo were both very friendly and helpful. The room was spotless, beautifully decorated, spacious and had a fantastic view. Breakfast was delicious and more than ample for a days walking/cycling. We will definitely be going back again!

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 28 July 2014

A very enjoyable stay. I was made to feel most welcome with tea and delicious cake on arrival and that set the tone for the visit. Nothing was too much trouble. The room was immaculate with plenty of guidebooks on the local area. Stunning views too, I could see Pen-y-Ghent from my window.
Very comfortable bed and nicely furnished with all sorts of goodies on the tea tray. Certainly will recommend to friends

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed at Settle Lodge again for 2 nights in July and simply wouldn't go anywhere else. We have stayed in a couple of different rooms over the past few years - all have splendid views and are very comfortable and well furnished. It is very well placed for so many different activities and is only a short walk from the centre of Settle where there are numerous restaurants and cafes. Amanda and Eduardo have an extensive knowledge of the surrounding area and will happily advise on good walking/cycling routes or things to do. They say they have a number of guests who visit regularly which is testament to the excellent service they provide. We will certainly return again! Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent - room 4 is huge!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed in Room 4 at Settle Lodge and had a very comfortable stay indeed. I was visiting the area as I was taking part in the Yorkshire 3 Peaks challenge for Alzheimer's Society- there were a few other trekkers staying here as the place was only a 10 min drive from the starting point.
What struck me about the B and B was the attention to detail the place had. Everything was there as if it had anticipated what you wanted before you knew it. This wasn't just the practicalities, but the decor too- really tasteful. My room was HUGE! with the most stunning views of the Dales via a lovely big Victorian Bay Window. After my walk- there was nothing better than to have a lovely hot bath in the ensuite and lounge on the sofa next to the bay windows.
The breakfast the next morning was really really tasty too and set me up nicely for the drive back to London. As I was off early on my walk on the Saturday morning- there was a cold breakfast available too (at 5.30am!).
Amanda and Eduardo are really lovely accommodating people. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this place, and not surprised it has won previous trip advisor b and b hotels of the year.

Room Tip: Room 4 is the largest in the hotel and the most luxurious. It has the best views too and is on the first floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo