“Great conservation projects.”

Yorkshire Dales Falconry and Conservation Centre
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Well maintained and friendly staff. A very knowledgeable and amusing flying display by some of the 'residents'
Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

We decided to visit with our 2 year old grandson who was very excited by the play park. When we eventually prised him away he was very taken with the birds especially if they made a noise.

We had gone for the midday flying display which was exceptional and the staff were very knowledgeable. The fact that you are allowed to partake in the demo by being able to catch Barney the barn owl adds another dimension to the visit.

There is a café for refreshments etc but we didn't go in.

If you go on a really nice day you could stay and wait for the next demo as they fly different birds or as one of the staff members said providing you keep your entrance stickers you can go out and then return.

All in all a good visit and worth the time.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

The falconry centre is really good, the cafe isn't great but it's ok and the guys who fly the birds really know their stuff and being allowed to catch a barn owl and stroke him was an amazing privilege. I will always treasure the photo I have of my 84 year old mother with a barn owl on her arm. The place is well organised and the birds get to fly every day, and they seem to be very comfortable. It was very reasonable. They fly three times a day in summer and twice in winter - well worth a detour.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Thanks to the young falconers doing the displays me and my family enjoyed the day out and got to handle a barn owl during the 12noon flying demo, loved the experience and was a good environment to be in. Had a laugh with the young falconers in the show, very interesting to listen to.
Even though there was a que to handle the barn owl me and others i was with got the handle the owl after the demo.
The 2pm show was a good show the vulture was very good and same with the cara-cara was funny.
Then the last show was 3.30pm was brilliant to get up close to Vera the Lappet Faced vulture and Wesley the white headed vulture, stunning birds.

End of the day was a brilliant day out for the family....

Would recommend people visit the Falconry Centre...

Reviewed 27 August 2013

I used to visit this centre when I was a child and decided to revisit those memories with my girlfriend over bank holiday weekend.

It's just not as good as it used to be, it was all looking a little bit dilapidated.

The 12 noon flying session was good and found it very informative and fun, if a little bit difficult to hear at times, (I'm sure the falconers used to wear a mic, but I cannot be sure on this). The 2pm showing wasn't very good at all, they got the same barn owl out again for another flight, although they had flown her at 12 and fed her bits of chick, so she wasn't very interested in flying. When they flew the caracara an older gentlemen presented this and it just wasn't as good as the younger falconers, I couldn't hear him and he didn't tell you very much information about the bird. Needless to say I didn't stay for the last flight.

The selection of birds wasn't as good as before, there aren't any gold or bald eagles anymore which was a little disappointing.

On the plus side the birds seemed well looked after and happy enough.

Just a few points to address and it would be a really good centre, rather than just average.

1  Thank MrCobain