“Disappointing.”

Brasserie at the Courtyard
Ranked #3 of 6 Coffee & Tea in Settle
Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Brasserie is within a superb complex of new rennovated barns adjacent to the A65 near Settle.Open daily for breakfast, morning coffee, brunch, lunch and afternoon tea. Mixing contemporary interiors, an open plan kitchen and traditional barns we serve modern English and European cuisine. Seasonal events run throughout the year. Disabled access and ample free parking.
West Yorkshire
“Disappointing.”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We have been to this restaurant twice before and enjoyed our meals. Yesterday we found it quite different. My husband ordered the Sunday roast which was brisket. He was told the meat was cooked 'medium' - it was actually very rare and therefore tough and inedible. When it was served my husband remarked that it looked tough and the waitress said 'let me know' - we never saw any serving staff again until the manageress collected our plates.She made no comment at all the meat left on the plate until my husband pointed out that it was not fit to eat. She took it up with the chef, apologised profusely and deducted the main course from our bill. This is fair enough but it was a dining experience ruined. We would expect any chef to know that brisket must be cooked long and slow. Even the cheese board was not up to the standard of previous occasions. We would add that my meal was very good - I had the sea bass - and this blip with the meat will not stop us from returning.

• Visited March 2014
Emma_Darbyshire, PR & Marketing at Brasserie at the Courtyard, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you for your review and we are pleased that the pink meat in the roast will not stop you coming back again. We always welcome regular customers!

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Stopped off on our way to Bainbridge, nearly didn't and what a mistake that would have been.

The starter, Winter Vegetable soup was very tasty, the portion generous.

Main course was Sunday lunch, Roast Beef, again very tasty and another generous portion.

We took away a doughnut as too full to eat there.

The restaurant is part of a complex with a few shops, very nice and delightful.

We just stopped off, in future we WOULD book. Excellent.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank football_spoon
Emma_Darbyshire, PR & Marketing at Brasserie at the Courtyard, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us and we are thrilled you enjoyed your stop-off at The Brasserie. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Bingley, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sunday lunch but never again”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We thought we'd have a drive out as we have been before for sandwiches and really enjoyed it however that wasn't the case today. I had Sunday lunch with the beef and found the Beef to be far too rare I wasn't asked beforehand and it was cold when served. My partner had the mixed grill with lamb rump and rump steak and it was the worse rump we have both tasted ever it didn't even taste like steak or lamb. My partner didn't make a fuss in the restaurant but upon paying did complain quietly and we had £5 knocked off the bill, I can't see us going again in a hurry which is a shame as we were about to book for valentines but very disappointed to what could be such a good place.

• Visited January 2014
Emma_Darbyshire, PR & Marketing at Brasserie at the Courtyard, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
I have met with our Head Chef this morning as he spoke with you both yesterday. We are glad that you raised your points direct with him at the time of your visit and that we were able to make recompense to you.
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Beautiful place to lunch”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

My Mother and I stopped off for lunch at the Brasserie recently. We didn't book (advisable) so had to wait for a table, this was no problem as there are so many beautiful shops in the Courtyard - including a fantastic cheese shop which is tiny but has a lot of choice.

We had a great meal which was complimented by a crisp, dry, Pino (supplied by the on site wine shop.) The staff were all very attentive and we had a lovely chat about the local area with the young waiter.

The only thing that could have made the whole experience nicer would have been a wider selection of vegetarian meals as I am a veggie and whilst I was happy with the selection, I imagine if I were local and a regular the choice could be quite limiting.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Sophie L
Emma_Darbyshire, PR & Marketing at Brasserie at the Courtyard, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Many thanks for your review and for taking the time to post this.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your time at The Courtyard and The Brasserie - for future, we are very happy for our customers to 'go off menu' for any items, but particularly vegetarians or special diet options provided the kitchen has time.
Harrogate
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We met up with friends for lunch on December 27th. This was my second visit to the Courtyard, having enjoyed a very enjoyable game evening in October. The whole setting of the Courtyard and its shops oozes quality and individuality. The wine shop and cheese shop in particular are second to none, staffed by extremely knowledgeable staff. The Gallery has some very high quality gift items and the interiors shop is to die for.
So why oh why does the restaurant serve gorgeous fish with oven chips and frozen peas??? You have a full working kitchen! Why can't you cook your own chips? Such a let down. Come on! You can do better than that! Don't let the place down with such poor quality food!
Very disappointed.

• Visited December 2013
Thank you for your review and I am pleased that you spoke to our Brasserie Manager during your visit so that we were able to modify your bill. Unfortunately we had run out of our fresh bread loaves due to a tremendously busy Monday morning and early lunch service and despite additional bread being in the oven, this was not ready in time for your visit. Service during extremely busy periods in both the kitchen and front of house has been reviewed and we hope that we have now covered for all eventualities.