Taking the in laws for a week to North Yorkshire to include a trip on the Settle to Carlisle Railway, following various reviews we chose to stay in the Lion at settle.
Our bedroom was very comfortable, the service very friendly and the food in the restaurant was excellent (made sure we booked a table each morning to ensure availability).
The location for exploring the dales, and having a day on the steam train was ideal (a tip if you go on the train, Carlisle isn't the best place to spend 2 hours in!).
A couple of negatives; Free Wi-fi is only available in the bar area and even then isn't that brilliant, and the hotel is right on the street and heavy lorries passing by are quite noisy.
Overall though the positives out weigh the negatives and I would recommend The Lion at Settle to others
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the picturesque market town of Settle in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales, The Lion at Settle is a characterful inn offering cosy rooms, locally sourced food and award winning cask ales. So whether you join us for a big family dinner, a quiet drink with friends or the dog, or enjoy a relaxing break we look forward to welcoming you to our dog friendly and family friendly inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Odigeo, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Lion at Settle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lion At Settle Hotel Settle
- The Lion At Settle Yorkshire