The Lion at Settle
Travelocity
US$142
TripAdvisor
Hotels.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewssettle puddingbar areaflask of fresh milkmarket placepay and displayeggs benedictfish and chipslovely mealthe pubevening mealroaring firesunday lunchbeefbooked a tablewalking weekendgreat roomsettle to carlisle railway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Called in mid-week while visiting Settle.
We chose lunch from the 2-course "Market" menu and were very pleased indeed. The quality
of the food and the standard of the service exceeded expectations . Will certainly call again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Les D
Lion_at_Settle, Duty Manager at The Lion at Settle, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for your short but very sweet review! We look forward to your return. Hayley Mace and all the team at the Lion

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I usually end up in the Lion when I take my dog for a walk, we are both made to feel very welcome in this lovely town center pub. Dog biscuits on the bar and towels to dry a wet dog make this the best dog friendly pub I've ever been in.It has a friendly atmosphere with open fires, fine food and live music some nights, but don't tell anyone - its just mine and my dogs secret.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank davidchandler369

Thank you for your great review, we enjoy the company of our four legged friends just as much as our two legged friends! We hope to see you both in the near future. Hayley Mace and all the team at the Lion

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Staying at the Lion for a couple of nights whilst walking the three peaks was excellent. Very comfortable rooms excellent food and friendly staff. Great value for money.

The one and only negative point I could think of is the extractor fan in our shower room was extremely noisy and so was the room next doors. This would not put me off from a return though.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Lion_at_Settle, Duty Manager at The Lion at Settle, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for your lovely review. I am very pleased to read your stay was 'excellent' and 'great value for money'. I will get someone to look at the extractor fans and see if we can do anything about the noise. Thank you again, we look forward to seeing you in the near future! Hayley Mace and all the team at the Lion.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Called in for lunch Saturday 14 June, ordered 2 x pints and both were sour. To be fair they were changed without fuss for 2 other beers. One of the beers was fine however the other one was again sour. Not a good start for an obviously upmarket hotel with prices to match.
Had a look at the menu and opted for the seafood and the meat boards (£26.00) considering the cost the quantity of food portions offered was very mean and the quality was ok but not brilliant.
They need to quality control the beer offer more thoroughly (a simple nose test would be sufficient) and have a good look at those miniscule portions.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dave I

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit. I apologise about the beer, however we do test our beer every morning and throughout the day, we had been selling numerous pints of the beer you ordered with no complaints. We are absolutely fine about changing a pint if it isn't to the guests taste, which is what we did. Thank you for your comments on our deli boards, I apologise you found the portions were 'mean'. We hope you decide to give us another chance in the near future. Hayley Mace and all the team at the Lion.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed as part of a large group walking the Yorkshire 3 peaks. The atmosphere was comfortable and relaxed from the outset, they were organised and efficient. Nothing was too much trouble and everyone was kept happy by the hard working and cheerful staff. I would love to stay here again. Food was excellent, waiting and bar staff lovely and accommodating.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank paulinesell

Thank you very much for such a lovely review. I am pleased to read your kind comments, also I am very pleased you found the food to be excellent and the staff lovely and accommodating. We hope to see you again soon. Hayley Mace and all the staff at the Lion