Stayed here for two nights while watching the Tour de France. The bar was packed when we arrived on Friday evening, but the staff managed to find us a table for dinner, and the food was good. Our room was comfortable. We got up at 4.30 am to beat the road closures so missed breakfast on Saturday. We asked if we could have an early breakfast on Sunday as service starts at 8am, and this was no problem. Overall, a good place to stay in a lovely market town. The only issue we had was noise - room 4 is above the kitchen overlooking a courtyard at the back of the hotel, and the fans from the kitchen are very loud. They go off at 10.30 pm, but both nights there were people sitting in the courtyard talking very loudly until about midnight which was annoying as we had to be up early.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the picturesque market town of Settle in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales, The Lion at Settle is a characterful inn offering cosy rooms, locally sourced food and award winning cask ales. So whether you join us for a big family dinner, a quiet drink with friends or the dog, or enjoy a relaxing break we look forward to welcoming you to our dog friendly and family friendly inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your The Lion at Settle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lion At Settle Hotel Settle
- The Lion At Settle Yorkshire