“Disappointing stay”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Oast Guest House

Oast Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Settle
Oast Guest House
Ranked #12 of 20 Settle B&B and Inns
Holmfirth, United Kingdom
“Disappointing stay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

We stayed at this b and b with 2 other couples during a charity cycle ride. Whist the bedroom was ok, the ensuite shower room was very small, with a tiny washbasin, and the shower did not work. A dribble of water, mostly cold, meant that we could not have a proper shower or Hir wash after a very hot day's cycling. Both other couples reported the same problem. Also, our bedroom window would not open. The breakfast was not very good, and 10 people were squeezed onto the same table. I'm sorry to say that the owners were not the most hospitable we have experienced. For this we paid £75 for the room. I'm afraid we won't be staying there again.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank M2TJB
oast99, Owner at Oast Guest House, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Your viewpoint has been noted.
I hope that you successfully completed the Way of the Roses

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Myself and 3 friends stayed here last Saturday night, as we had an early start on the Sunday morning. We were greeted with a very friendly welcome by the hosts. Our twin rooms were clean and comfortable. As soon as we arrived we were offered a drink and some homemade cake, which was very nice.
Unfortunately we needed to set off on the Sunday without sampling the, I'm sure wonderful breakfast. However we were left some fantastic home made cheese and ham croissants and fruit muffins. I would definitely stay again if in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank coljoylane l
oast99, Owner at Oast Guest House, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for your review it is very much appreciated. Helen is very pleased that you enjoyed the early breakfast and that the croissants and muffins were to your liking.
We hope that you had an enjoyable day walking the Peaks and appreciate that you would return to stay if you visit the area again.
Once again thank you for the review.
Martyn
Headcorn, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed as part of our Settle to Carlisle train journey. Lovely comfortable room. Helen and Martin were extremely accommodating and the breakfast was lovely. Thank you for the homemade cakes also! A lovely guest house which made our stay in Settle very enjoyable. Many thanks.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marriedcouple254
oast99, Owner at Oast Guest House, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Thank you for your review it is very much appreciated. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Oast and that you had a good experience of the Settle area. I hope that the Settle -Carlisle lived up to your expectations it is supposed to be one of the best journeys in the world
Martham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

Once again a faultless stay fantastic hosts great breakfast good clean room.I bet the weather has changed now Helen see you next year.Helens breakfast special is great and all the jams are homemade as are the cakes left in the lounge for you to enjoy with a cup of coffee plus fresh fruit in the room.

Room Tip: I usually have room 1 nice and quiet out the back.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Melvyn M
Mel

It was great to see you again. Thank you for your review it is once again very much appreciated. I am really happy that you enjoy your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again.
Best Wishes
Helen
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

I only stayed one night at the Oast Guest House in Settle, but I can confirm that every detail was perfect and the lovely hosts are incredibly helpful and accommodating (including driving us to the station when our lift fell through). Really lovely breakfast too!! Will be returning - thanks Martyn and Helen! L

Room Tip: I was in room 3 (second floor) which has two single beds and a very nice bathroom.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Louise P
oast99, Owner at Oast Guest House, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for your review.
So glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and it was no problem with the lift. A pleasure to help
Martyn
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

I cannot recommend this lovely guest house, run by a charming couple, for whom nothing is too much trouble. I am very surprised to see the comments on here to the contrary - I can only assume they were rather unpleasant guests!
The breakfast was excellent and nutritious. And best of all, they drove us to the station when our lift didn't turn up. Thank you

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank ALearmonth
oast99, Owner at Oast Guest House, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Thank you for your kind review, it is very much appreciated.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope you had a safe and good journey home. Once again Thank You.
Dumfries
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

I stayed at the Oast Guest House on Friday 8th November. It had been a fraught journey due to traffic delays and frightful weather so it was nice to be greeted warmly by Martyn and immediately shown into the lounge where I could get tea or coffee. I was accommodated in room 1 which was large enough for me although I found it a little chilly, however when I returned to it at night the room was very cosy and the thoughtful hosts had put a hot water bottle in the bed since a previous guest had complained about being cold. Everywhere was spotlessly clean and I was delighted to find a firm mattress on the bed since I used to suffer from back problems. I was a little early for breakfast but Helen quickly made sure I was supplied with coffee and toast to keep me going. Breakfast choice was plentiful and delicious.
I would recommend the Oast and would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Alex H
oast99, Owner at Oast Guest House, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Thank you for your kind review, it is very much appreciated. Helen and myself are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. You will be pleased to know that the weather is better but the traffic on some routes is not necessarily better!
Helen and Martyn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Settle
The Lion at Settle
New Inn Hotel
New Inn Hotel
#1 of 1 in Clapham
King William the Fourth Guest House

Been to Oast Guest House? Share your experiences!