“Best B&B we have ever stayed in!”
Review of The Leeway

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Whitby
The Leeway
Ranked #7 of 151 Whitby B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Best B&B we have ever stayed in!”
Reviewed 20 April 2013 via mobile

Would like to say a massive thank you to both Garry and Karen for such a lovely stay throughout our visit to Whitby. We arrived to such a warm welcome from Karen offering a brew and a muffin. Gave the most excellent recommendation for somewhere special to eat as it was my birthday and even had an upgrade on our room free of charge :) the breakfast was excellent and catered for me being very fussy! I also arrived for breakfast on the first morning to my table being decorated as it was my birthday which was a lovely touch. Thanks again for such a wonderful stay and we would not hesitate to come again :)

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jodie C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Leeway in Whitby! From the hot chocolate and fresh muffins on arrival, to the magnificent breakfasts, with a different special every day, nothing was too much trouble for Gary and Karen. I stayed in the Caedmon, a single room with a very comfortable bed. As a single room, it didn't have an ensuite, but I had sole use of a full size bathroom just down the hall, which was fantastic. The next time I'm in Whitby I'll definitely be staying at The Leeway!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Leicestershire
Reviewed 8 April 2013

What a fabulous stay we had at The Leeway in March for my wife’s birthday. On arrival we were offered a hot drink and homemade chocolate cake, which was delicious. On the morning of my wife’s birthday, our breakfast table was decorated with sparkly sprinkles (my wife loves all things sparkly) and a bottle of Bucks Fizz, which went down very well. Karen and Garry made us feel very welcome from the start, we felt like we were treated as ‘Friends’ rather than paying guests. Nothing was too much trouble. The breakfasts were to die for. The full English was always very well presented and the daily specials were fabulous. Just wished we could have stayed longer to sample them all. My wife loved the homemade ‘orange curd’ and I loved the homemade ‘marmalade’. Our room was very welcoming and quiet. As the days were so cold, we spent a couple of evenings in after an early evening meal watching TV and partaking of the Tassimo drinks machine (wow!) and Elizabeth Bothams biscuits. We will certainly be coming back to Whitby and our choice of B&B will certainly be The Leeway. Alan & Hanni

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2013

This was our second stay at The Leeway and I can't see us ever wanting to stay anywhere else when in Whitby. We stayed in the Abbey room which was nicely decorated and had modern little touches like the i-pod docking station and the tassimo machine. Also loved the toiletries which are White Company, and that the shower gel/shampoo was in a built-in dispenser in the shower - no messing about with those annoying tiny bottles!

The full english breakfast was lovely, my boyfriend had the special which was eggs benedict and he said that was great too. The coffee and cake on arrival is a really nice start to your holiday and nothing is too much trouble for Gary and Karen.

I would recommend The Leeway to anyone. We'll be back next year!

Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2013

The Leeway is a terrific B&B that has all the luxury of a top of the range hotel without losing any of it's friendly and caring charm. We spent a night here during February half term but would have loved to stayed more. As soon as we arrived, we were greeted with coffee and a delicious home-made cake. We stayed in the Abbey room which was on the second floor. The room was tastefully decorated and equipped with a range of modern amenities including an ipod docking station and a 'Tassimo' machine. In addition, they had a jar of candy which I thought was a rather nice touch. The following morning, we had an excellent breakfast. There were many different options including a 'special of the day';the English Breakfasts are a must! It is clear that both Gary and Karen go out of their way to make your stay incredibly enjoyable. We both absolutely loved it and can't wait to go back again. If you get the chance, stay here when you come to Whitby; you won't regret it!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2013

The Leeway has everything you could possibly need for a relaxing and enjoyable stay. Spent 2 nights here with my partner, and without a doubt is the best place I've ever stayed! Was made to feel welcome as soon as we walked through the door. The room we stayed in was immaculately clean and modern, equipped with everything you could need for a comfortable stay, plus more! The weather wasn't brilliant during our stay so it was lovely to have such a warm, clean and friendly place to return, where we could chill out. Breakfast was delicious, cooked to perfection and set us up for the whole day. I would not consider staying anywhere else when returning to Whitby, and will definitely be recommending The Leeway to family and friends. Thank-you Garry and Karen.

Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2013

We spent 3 nights at The Leeway and can honestly say that it is the best B&B accomodation we have ever stayed in. Garry and Karen were brilliant hosts and made us feel welcome from the minute we walked in. They very kindly upgraded us to a better room at no extra cost, as it was available. However I could not imagine that any of their rooms would be of anything less than an Excellent standard. The room itself was spotlessly clean and decorated with a really nice, modern feel. The Tassimo drinks machine, flat screen TV/DVD and iPod dock made it all feel that little bit more special. My partner and I were in Whitby for a few days away after both of our birthdays and the first morning we went down to breakfast our table was decorated with "Happy Birthday" confetti and a bottle of Bucks Fizz and 2 champagne glasses. It was a really lovely touch and one we were not expecting. The breakfasts were superb and set us up for the whole day. They served the best Poached Eggs ever!! We visit Whitby regularly and when staying over we will not think about ever booking anywhere else after this visit and will not hesitate to recommend it to our friends and family! Thankyou Garry and Karen for a lovely stay!