“Just as good as Magpie”

Harry's Lounge Bar & Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Harry's Lounge Bar & Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 216 Restaurants in Whitby
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Had same meal that I had at magpie just as nice but smaller price, not paying for a name. Wasn't squashed in like at magpie either. Buyer a meal not just a reputation.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Have dined here several times and my latest vist was another excellent experience.

The food was top notch (baked camenbert with green bean salad with truffle oil) and the service was equally good.

This could well be the best reatuarnt in Whitby.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Modern decor ideal location and free wifi.
Lunchtime food was very good.
My cod and chips was excellent and Scampi in the basket that my wife had was also excellent.
Prices were very reasonable.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Good ambience, friendly helpful staff. Also liked the food options - you can either enjoy a full meal, or a tasty tapas menu that we opted for. The quality of the food we had was very good although I recommend you ask to stagger the serving of the dishes as they will get cold if you get them all at once.
We sat in the bar area to dine, but it wasn't too noisy and had nice relaxed atmosphere. The staff were very friendly and we would certainly recommend this to others dining out in Whitby.

1  Thank ahaaaaaa
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Went to Harry's Bar after my stepdaughter had arranged a surprise meal for my wife's birthday.
Table was booked for 9pm on a Friday night and I was a little concerned that at that time of night the menu might be reduced and the service beginning to flag.
The layout of the bar is a little unusual with diners and drinkers occupying the same space, but there was a lovely atmosphere. The menu informs that they only serve small portions and recommend mixing various dishes. There were 5 of us and we ordered 10 dishes which were all different and tasty.We ordered 5 or 6 desserts which again were all really tasty.
I felt that the prices were probably a little on the high side, but the quality of the food was really good. Must also give a mention to the staff, particularly the girls waiting on us they were really lovely.Bar staff were good apart from one surly young man who was possibly having a bad night.
If the bar were in Spain it would probably be a well regarded Tapas bar.In Whitby it gave us a good night and we will return.Have a go yourselves.