“Wonderful Weekend in North Yorks...”

Gramarye Suites B&B
Ranked #8 of 152 Whitby B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Spent 2 nights with Molly & John for our Anniversary break, and have to say this was easily one of the very best places we have stayed, and in some respects definitely the best. We stayed in the Gothic room and this was very cosy and clean with an absolutely massive bathroom. There were home made cakes, fresh fruit, spring water and fresh milk in the room every day, along with a fridge to fill with your own things should you wish do do so. The breakfast was fantastic in terms of variety, quality and quantity, with fresh baked bread every day. On the second morning I had Molly's scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and fresh bagels and this was amazingly good! Molly and John are brilliant hosts and simply cannot do enough for their guests. John recommended some nice walks along the coast and some places to eat out for dinner and both of these worked out a treat. Molly's cooking and baking is simply the best! If Carlsberg did a luxury B&B.....it still wouldn't be as good as this!

3  Thank Paddy S
There are newer reviews for Gramarye Suites B&B

Reviewed 11 September 2013

What a fantastic and relaxing time we had at the Gramarye Suites. John and Molly are the perfect hosts and very knowledgeable about the area. We stayed in the sumptuous Faerie Room and were greeted with a lovely selection of fruit and home made apple muffins. The fresh milk and bottled water was very welcome. The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in and the property is situated in a quiet side road. The superb breakfasts were first class, in fact we didn't need to have lunch and only wanted a light meal in the evenings. We are telling our friends and family about the Gramarye Suites and hope to stay again when we go to visit other attractions in the Whitby area. Thanks Molly and John and we will enjoy the marmalade!

1  Thank desidg
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We stayed at Molly and John's for my partners birthday, after it was recommended to us by my parents. We were made to feel at home immediately. Our room was amazing. Large bathroom, lovely toiletries, bottles of water milk in the fridge and even Molly's homemade cake and fruit in our room. The best part was the breakfast, which had everything you could imagine, most of which was homemade by Molly. It was so good my partner had trouble cycling up some of the massive hills around the area afterwards!!! As it was my partners birthday, Molly and John had even left a card and a bottle of wine in our room. Overall it was by far the best place we have ever stayed and we can't wait to go back. They are such lovely people who welcome you into their home and make you feel like you have known them for ages. If you ever go to visit Whitby, staying here is a must.

Room Tip: The place has three rooms, all of which are lovely!!
2  Thank Yorkstravellingbilly
Reviewed 8 September 2013

If any one is thinking of starting a bed and breakfast establishment, then go here for a weekend. 1st class all the way, nothing to much trouble, Molly and John are excellent at what they do. This is our 1st visit but already booked for next year. Thanks for the marmalade Molly We shall enjoy.

Room Tip: We stayed in the garden suite but all rooms or perfect.
1  Thank Celia T
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I stayed in this B&B for 2 nights, the night before my wedding and the night of. Molly and John put so much effort in to making me feel at ease and are the most welcoming hosts I have ever encountered. The room was immaculate with so many personal touches like the fresh baked cake and fruit bowl. John even went as far as to take some pictures of me and my ushers (who they allowed to get ready in my room the morning of the wedding) and then emailed them on to me. The breakfast was incredible and they go to such lengths to make sure all your needs are catered for. I really can't rate this B&B any higher and if you are in the area really suggest that you try and book in here!

1  Thank marc_walton213
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at Molly & John's Gramarye suites in the middle of August. What an absolute gem!! Little did my girlfriend know but I was actually planning to propose to her on the last day there so when I searched for somewhere to stay in this area I wanted to make sure it was really nice and it did not disappoint...! Molly even helped me hide ice-blocks and Champagne in her fridge for the surprise proposal (which took place on a walk around the beautiful Robin's Hood Bay)!
Both Molly and John are excellent and extremely welcoming hosts; we felt at home immediately. The thing here is the numerous personal touches in the rooms (we were in the loosely themed Gothic room). Complimentary water, lovely freshly baked cake and great fruit bowl are a few examples. Rooms were clean, bathroom huge with big bath and free quality toiletries and above all, a massive and super comfy four poster bed.
I've left the best until last; the breakfast... Wow!! It says award winning on their website and it lives up to that and double! Best cooked breakfast I've ever had, every other option you can think of (cereal, croissants, continental option with cold meats, cheese etc) and home made muffins and bagels. Again the personal touches here are extraordinary.
Loved it and thanks again to Molly and John; we will be staying with you again....!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 1 September 2013

we booked this fabulous b and b for a short break, what can we say it was the best place we have ever stayed the hospitality from molly and john was fantastic, the rooms well what can we say they are beautiful, we stayed in the goth room and the room was exceptionally clean with fantastic attention to detail we hope to go again soon and try the garden room dont miss out everyone should stay here they would never go anywhere else deb and john from hull

Room Tip: there are only 3 rooms but each one is fab goth room has a great corner bath