Magnolia Guest House
US$107
US$98
US$131
  • Restaurant
All reviewsguest housethe usual amenitieshelpful ownera great stayloved our staywarm welcomenothing is too much troublelovely breakfastat short noticeeaster weekendlocation is greatstayed nightsplace to stayon arrivalroom was largecomfortable bedparking permit
Reviewed 5 August 2013

well, what can I say this guest house was so welcoming as we arrived we was met by Ian who showed us to our room took us through were every thing was and the times for breakfast the room was spotlessly clean the bed was king size and very comfortable the breakfast was first class a real home from home atmosphere I would highly recommend the magnolia to any its a must give it a try we will be going back there asp. john, and Julie

Room Tip: get there early so you can get your car parked up
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John P
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Not many places can accommodate a family of 5 and a dog but this place did with ease. We had use of three attics rooms and bathroom so it was a bit like a flat. The rooms were big enough for all of us and the place was very clean. The only potential negative would be in hot weather I imagine these rooms would be very hot.
The rooms were up 4 staircases so that burnt off a few breakfast calories. The breakfasts were great and modified to suit my childrens tastes.

Ian was very attentive when I phoned to book and Sarah looked after us during our stay and immediately made everyone feel relaxed.

The location is near the pavilion but is within easy walking distance (if you don't mind hills) of all of Whitby. The street had great views of the Abbey.

Parking was an issue although there is a public car park nearby. We were fortunately able to park on the street right outside but that was definitely lucky and not to be expected.

We had a great stay and would recommend the b&b to all.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

My sister and I had such an amazing stay! We loved every second of our visit, especially our hostess who made us feel like family. It is a bit of a an uphill hike with rolling luggage from the bus stop, but we will take a cab next time. Great value and the linens/towels smelled amazingly good! I need to find out the detergent. We will stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 11 July 2013

9 July 2013 . This was our second visit this year to the Magnolia and yet again a warm welcome for myself my partner and our dog Holly. Sarah and Ian are very friendly and make you feel very welcome ,the breakfast is excellent the location is ideal I would recommend this lovely bed and breakfast especially if you want to take your dog with you, we hope to stay again this year.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 4 June 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Magnolia Guest House last weekend. Ian and Sarah could not have done more to make our stay a perfect time., and their daughter LillyBelle was a delight to talk to. Our room was lovely with all amenities, very clean. Our breakfast looked like art on a plate, the way it was presented, and tasted delicious, set us up for the day. We chattered to other guests who had returned several times,one couple with their dog , who said nothing is too much trouble for Ian and Sarah when it comes to their dog being there. The Guest House is situated close to the beach,and just a short walk from the town centre, which is beautiful. We will certainly return.

Room Tip: Just ask Ian and Sarah's advise when you ring to book.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple