“Most understanding, flexible hosts ever!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Whitby
Magnolia Guest House
Ranked #78 of 155 Whitby B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 September 2013

The morning I was due to arrive in Whitby for my best friends wedding I was let down by another B&B. I chose the Magnolia as it was advertised as dog Friendly.
Despite being very last minute they managed to get a room for myself, husband 15 month old and puppy. I told them we should be arriving at 8pm as we were coming from London. After the journey from hell where huge sections of the motorway were closed we arrived at 01:45 in the Morning!!!!
Bless Ian he stayed up to wait for us, helped us bring in our cases and dog bed etc. and made sure we had everything we needed. Including a snack and dog bowls with water.
Room was very clean. Bed was the most comfortable I've ever slept in. Cooked breakfast in the morning was perfect, very attentive and friendly service.
When leaving helped my husband getting puppy, baby and luggage in the car (harder than it sounds!)
Would recommend 100% and will definitely book again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 August 2013

This is our second stay in as many years at the Magnolia, and nothing has changed - it remains excellent. Sarah and Ian are the perfect hosts, leaving you to have a great time and not fussing all over you and watching your every move.

We descended upon them this time with other members of our family, 6 of us in three rooms. We also asked for 6 very different breakfasts each morning, and each one was delivered perfectly with no problems.

We will be back in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We chose this b&b because it was dog friendly and gay friendly! What a good choice this was. Sarah was fantastic and very welcoming on our arrival. She showed us to our room that was clean and spacious. She also recommended restaurants and places to visits etc. We found her to be informative and chatty which came over as natural and sincere. We had breakfast next morning which was delightful and the owners Sarah and Ian were excellent host to ensure that we had a pleasant stay. We would definitely recommend this b & b.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2013

well, what can I say this guest house was so welcoming as we arrived we was met by Ian who showed us to our room took us through were every thing was and the times for breakfast the room was spotlessly clean the bed was king size and very comfortable the breakfast was first class a real home from home atmosphere I would highly recommend the magnolia to any its a must give it a try we will be going back there asp. john, and Julie

Room Tip: get there early so you can get your car parked up
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John P
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Not many places can accommodate a family of 5 and a dog but this place did with ease. We had use of three attics rooms and bathroom so it was a bit like a flat. The rooms were big enough for all of us and the place was very clean. The only potential negative would be in hot weather I imagine these rooms would be very hot.
The rooms were up 4 staircases so that burnt off a few breakfast calories. The breakfasts were great and modified to suit my childrens tastes.

Ian was very attentive when I phoned to book and Sarah looked after us during our stay and immediately made everyone feel relaxed.

The location is near the pavilion but is within easy walking distance (if you don't mind hills) of all of Whitby. The street had great views of the Abbey.

Parking was an issue although there is a public car park nearby. We were fortunately able to park on the street right outside but that was definitely lucky and not to be expected.

We had a great stay and would recommend the b&b to all.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

My sister and I had such an amazing stay! We loved every second of our visit, especially our hostess who made us feel like family. It is a bit of a an uphill hike with rolling luggage from the bus stop, but we will take a cab next time. Great value and the linens/towels smelled amazingly good! I need to find out the detergent. We will stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 11 July 2013

9 July 2013 . This was our second visit this year to the Magnolia and yet again a warm welcome for myself my partner and our dog Holly. Sarah and Ian are very friendly and make you feel very welcome ,the breakfast is excellent the location is ideal I would recommend this lovely bed and breakfast especially if you want to take your dog with you, we hope to stay again this year.

• Stayed: July 2013