“Great cake”

Price range: US$5 - US$7
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Beckett's is a small, family-run, dog-friendly coffee shop off the beaten track in lovely Skinner Street. We serve a small but ever-changing menu made from local ingredients where possible including delicious soups and 'beckanini' - which are large, soft and not gum-cloggingly dry. Our cakes are all sticky and home-made using real butter and free-range eggs (the rhubarb and custard cake is a favourite) and new this year are home-made cookies. The coffee is delicious and all Fairtrade.
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Great big slices of cake at very reasonable prices. Good selection of cake as well. Staff welcoming and friendly. Returned later in the week to have lunch had a 'Beckanni' much better than a panini beautifully made and nice salad served with it as well. Great for families with dogs as there were water bowls set out for dogs and also dogs were given dog biscuits as well.

1  Thank Geoff4Sue
There are newer reviews for Beckett's coffee shop

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Fabulous dog friendly cafe. GREAT menu, cake and owners. Browse or buy from the shelves of books whilst you are there.

Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Very welcoming and friendly staff, very good cake and coffee, huge portions and sensibly priced. What's not to like!

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We called in on Saturday for coffee and cake. There is a wonderful choice of cake to go with the really good coffee so I had a bit of difficulty choosing which cake to have. I eventually settled on the white chocolate and raspberry sponge, which when it arrived almost filled the plate! Mary Berry eat your heart out! I couldn't eat all of my cake so I was pleasantly surprised when one of the ladies offered to wrap what was left of my cake so I could take it away for later! Now that's service. Thank you Julie - we'll be back next time we're in Whitby! x

Reviewed 25 August 2014

I would like to thank Beckett's for the welcome they gave to us and Martha, our Border Terrier! Bowl of fresh water and a treat appeared as soon as we sat down. Staff friendly and attentive and obviously dog lovers!! Food was excellent and cake looked amazing. Even I couldn't manage cake for breakfast!!! Not our first visit and not our last either!!