“Our favourite restaurant in Whitby”
Review of The Hatless Heron - CLOSED

The Hatless Heron
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We called in for something light before going around the pubs. I ended up having the Moroccan Spiced Lamb Patties with Mint Yoghurt and salad... it was one of the best meals I've ever eaten! We tried a few restaurants in Whitby but this place was our favourite - we went three nights in a row. Highly recommended - we had something different every night and it was all superb.

theheron, Manager at The Hatless Heron, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thanks for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your experiences with us and returned on a few occasions. Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

We popped in on the off chance. The place is spacious and cool. I was impressed with our servers knowledge of the beers and menu. The creamy chicken had plenty of garlic, the chilli was rather tame with no heat or bite. Choc cake was a bit dry and i should have had cream. Service was good for us.however when more arrived it was evident more staff should have been on.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We (two of us) chose the Hatless Heron because we thought the menu displayed outside looked interesting and was not too expensive ( see pictures ). We went in for an early evening dinner at around 6pm. On entering, we noticed the place was pleasant, airy and very clean. There was only one other family eating at that time. The staff were very pleasant, cheerful and polite and made sure everything was ok for us. I had a seafood platter and my friend chose Brie wedges. Both arrived piping hot, nicely presented on a wooden board, with a small side salad, dips and coleslaw. We had a very nice glass of Sangria to drink. We also had a piece of Chocolate Fudge cake and a Coffee and Walnut cake (£2.40 each). The chocolate cake was a bit disappointing and uninspiring; it was quite dry and during a brief chat with the affable chef, he said it should have been served hot. On reflection, I think he's right; it would have made the dessert more enjoyable. The coffee cake was lovely. Our bill was under £17.00. Pretty good value, we reckon.
By the time we left, the place was filling up and I asked another couple how their steaks were and they said they were delicious. So there you are - we will definitely return here and have no hesitation in recommending The Hatless Heron!
Thank you to all the staff for making our meal so enjoyable.

1  Thank trickmail22

Thanks for the great review. We hope to see you again

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We chose this restaurant for an evening meal during our stay in Whitby because we could take our dog along.
The staff were very friendly, the service was good and so was the food- we had a plate of nachos for starters and we all had steaks for mains-cooked to perfection with salad and a couple of glasses of house wine which was also fine.
Good, well cooked food. Nice relaxed atmosphere and dog friendly staff.

1  Thank Ambergonia
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Myself and my fiancé ate here on our last night in Whitby, I'm glad we saved it for last as it was a lovely meal in a quaint little restaurant. The steak burger was delicious as were the hand-cut chips. I liked that you could build your own burger with the option of some more unusual ingredients like prawns or pineapple. I also felt that the food was very good value for money.

Thanks for the good review.