“Best Fish & Chips in Whitby”
Review of Royal Fisheries

Royal Fisheries
Ranked #20 of 217 Restaurants in Whitby
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 December 2011

One of the best parts of a stay at Whitby is Fish & Chips from here..

1  Thank scua

Reviewed 18 December 2011

We use this cafe as one of three we like. The 'popular' place named after a member of the crow family on theharbour side is overated. The Royalty, Hadleys and Mr Chip are just as good.

1  Thank Alan G
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Visited Whitby for the 60's weekend. Usually have the takeaway but decided to eat in for a change. So glad we did they have modernised the restaurant area, Really trendy now, we both ordered the haddock which was so fresh and the batter was lovely and crispy, came with lovely chips and mushy peas, bread and butter and pots of tea and a lot cheaper than ones you have to queue for!! Please give this a try you will not be disappointed. 6 of our friends arrived after us and we recommeded the Royal to them and they absolutely loved i. Said best fish and Chips they have had in years. We are back in a couple of weeks and we shall be having our fish and chips here

1  Thank whitbyblade
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Me and my family were on holiday in Whitby when we came across this fine establishment. I also had my new born with me and strongly disagree with the previous comment . A member of staff said we could sit next to the pram storage area or have a new born chair . As my son was sleeping we took the table option. The service was fast and the staff extremely cooperative . They catered for different portions and dietary needs to the best of there ability. On our return in december we shall be visiting again . Truly fantastic .

2  Thank Kris S
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Hi,
My wife and I went for a usual day out to Whitby with our newborn. To our disbelief we were told that we cannot take the baby in a pram and that we should either leave our son in the passage way or move to a plastic newborn seat that would obviously wake the baby up. Some ridiculous H&S rules were used as an excuse, when I mentioned that it has never been a problem in other restaurants in Whitby we were told by some rude member of staff that we should go somewhere else. What we have done. The pram has not been any problem at Hadley's where service was great as usual.
I have to say that we were extremely disappointed and we would advise families with children to stay away from this place that claims to be child friendly

6  Thank Filjas