“Perfect for a lunchtime treat”

Hadleys Fish Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 214 Restaurants in Whitby
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Excellent quality fish and chips. Had a tip-off from trip advisor that it was the largest small haddock you'd ever seen and they weren't wrong! Perfect for a lunchtime treat!

1  Thank jayster1976
There are newer reviews for Hadleys Fish Restaurant

Reviewed 16 July 2012

There are plenty of places to eat in Whitby and we are very glad we ate here. We were seated straight away and the service was friendly and quick but not at all rushed. The portions were good sized and came with tea and bread, a rather nice touch. I asked for Earl Grey as my tea included in the price deal and it was not a problem. The fish (cod and haddock) was light and tasty. The chips were good too!

2  Thank katherinejb
Reviewed 16 July 2012

My wife and I have been to this restaurant on many occasions and our experience varied from having a relatively fresh fish and chips on one visit followed by a terrible frozen fish on other visits. One day, we incidentally discovered that when they run out of fresh fish they get instant delivery of frozen fish unloaded from a white van stationed outside! Even the size of the portion varies from one visit into the other as we always ask for a large haddock and chips and sometimes we end in having small portion charged as large! I remember one day my daughter said as she laughed ‘Dad, how come your large portion is exactly the same as my small haddock?’ I replied ‘Because they think I am a silly old fool’. Thanks goodness whenever we visit Whitby we head straight to Magpie Cafe and always enjoy our heavenly feast of fresh fish.

1  Thank glahoud1
Reviewed 12 July 2012

We had to queue for a few minutes but it was well worth it. The medium cod was enormous and beautifully cooked. My husband had plaice and that was delicious. Price included bread and butter and a big pot of tea.
Magpie restaurant was already queueing at 11 am and I don't believe the fish and chips could have been any better than at Hadley's
Will certainly go again on my next visit.

2  Thank Renegades1953
Reviewed 11 July 2012

The fish is huge, and melts in your mouth. The prices please the pocket, and the service is quick and friendly.

2  Thank Ray B