“Excellent experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fowl Green Farm

Fowl Green Farm
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Whitby
Fowl Green Farm
Ranked #35 of 48 Speciality Lodging in Whitby
Wolverhampton
“Excellent experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

We were looking for somewhere, to take my disabled Mother-in-law, and also three dogs. Right from the first phonecall, to Sue, we knew this was going to be special, and it was. There were five adults, and three dogs. My Mother, disabled Mother-in-law and her carer stayed in the Cow Byre, whilst the wife and I stayed in the Pigsty. We had a great time, even able to park the minibus in the barn, to allow loading in the dry.
Sue and Sandy were on hand to answer any questions, and nothing was too much trouble for them. Everywhere was spotlessly clean, and the TV reception was good. I ventured down to the Cleveland Inn, 300 yards away, and was made very welcome.
We will definately return, and make use of Commondale Railway Station, 200 yards away, to take a trip to Whitby, on the picturesque Esk Valley Line.
The downsides.............there aren't any. Good scenery, excellent accomodation, good hosts, and the chickens make good company, when you venture out.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Trust your Sat-Nav, as it will take you right to Commondale. Best to find it in daylight, as it is v...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Hull
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2011

I made an enquiry online and was advised that a cottage was available for the dates specified.

I phoned to confirm and was again informed the dates were available. I was asked to phone back in 20 minutes as there was a problem with their PC.

I did - but then the story changed - they might or they might not have availability. The person was very unsure. A very chaotic booking system.

It's a shame as I travel to the area with my family several times a year & it couldhave been a regular option. Luckily I was able to secure an alternative accommodation.

Stayed September 2010, travelled on business