“Hypnotic!”

Ranked #8 of 213 Restaurants in Whitby
Price range: US$3 - US$9
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Cash Only, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: We are a small unlicensed eatery, serving just pie mash peas and gravy. We welcome dogs and their owners but have a dog free area upstairs. We don't have any Alcohol, but you are more than welcome to bring your own or pop over the road to the Endeavour pub who will let you bring a nice cold pint back to your food.If we do something wrong or make a mistake, please let us know or contact me through the messaging service and i will put it right.I believe you should be able to have a filling quality meal for a decent price.
Sedgefield, United Kingdom
“Hypnotic!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Visited today intending to sample something other than the Sausage and Black Pudding pie.
As soon as I walked through the door a strange sensation came over me where I was not able to read the menu, all I could think about was Sausage and Black Pudding. Guess What?, I had the Sausage and Black Pudding which was amazing.
Fortunately, my 2 companions did not suffer the same fate and tried both the Corn Beef and the Steak pies. This was their first visit so it will be interesting to see if their minds have been messed with!!!! They both commented on how tasty their pies were.
This place cannot be beaten and during my next visit I only hope that they have sold out of Sausage and Black Pudding pies!!!

Visited July 2014

Scarborough, United Kingdom
“quality never varies”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have had lunch a Humble Pte & Mash many times and it is always good no matter which of the pies on offer you choose they are always top class.
I can recommend a visit here to anyone, they will not be disappointed

• Visited July 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Great value”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Visited here before and always a must when in Whiby. Down to earth good food, Pies (various) peas and mash and gravy. What's not to like? Present price (July 2014 is £6.99)
Quirky surroundings with period kitchenalia, food is served quickly and piping hot. I had steak and hub had mince which we halved. Both delish!

Visited July 2014
Auckland, New Zealand
“Fantastic !”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Over in Whitby from New Zealand and found this gem through a recommendation.

The wartime themes, period music and even the authentic enamel bowls really set the scene.

The food is unapologetically simple and is all the better for it. We had to wait a little while for a new batch mashed potato?, but it was really worth the wait.

If only kiwis could make pies this good - I'll be talking about this place when I get back to Auckland!

Great stuff guys - well done making it to #3 on the Whitby restaurant list - you deserve it.

Don't even think about it - just eat here.... I promise you won't regret it.

1 Thank Steve H
“Lovely as always”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

This place serves the best pie I have ever had!! I had the corned beef, potatoe and onion pie the meal itself is very filling and you can't complain for the price!! The place is often quite busy so ensure you get there for a reasonable time