“Great weekend camping!”
Review of Beacon Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Whitby
Beacon Farm
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Just back from 2 nights camping (Fri and Sat) at Beacon Farm. We had a great couple of nights, we found the showers and toilets absolutely fine, my experience does not mirror the recent reviews, the site had a couple of groups of D of E young people, their behaviour was impeccable, nice and chilled atmosphere on site, had breakfast both mornings on site, absolutely fine, I'm sorry if the other reviewers didnt have the same experience, I however would have no concerns around returning to enjoy the farm, the view of Whitby in the distance and the local pub on the edge of the site and plan to return soon.
Ps no dog poo in sight!

1  Thank HelenA-Shaw

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I have been going to this camp site for the past 8 years, and every time it has been great fun. The rules are quite simple, don't litter, don't irritate the other campers, and stay off the crops in the lower end of the field. There are no designated camps, or curfews, which gives the site a much more relaxed atmosphere than other campsites I have stayed at. Exactly what I'm looking for in a campsite.
There are plenty of toilets only a short walk from where your tent or caravan will be, which are in good condition, along with 20p showers and washing up sinks. The little convenience shop is equipped with anything you might forget, washing up liquid, matches, fresh milk and though not open all night, opens very early in the morning. The site is within walking distance of a decent pub if you're looking for a pint or an oven cooked meal, a tea room and homemade ice-cream parlour, and Russwarp which has a miniature train track and rowboats for hire if the weather's good. The view of Whitby abbey is very picturesque in the day and at night there is no light to block out the stars.
I have found the owners to be pleasant and amiable when I met them. There was one incident when a group of young lads were playing their music quite loud but it was dealt with promptly buy the farmer and I had no further problems.
Overall this is a fantastic campsite, I would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Ollie H
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We had a great time at beacon farm reasonably priced owners were very pleasant and welcoming as were the staff in the tea rooms we have been before and always have our breakfast there as the food is really nice so is the ice cream yes the shower block could do with an upgrade but it's ok and campsite rules are put in place for a reason and if you respect them then you won't get bothered by the owners really good we keep going back would recommend it for a cheap break

1  Thank michael h
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We just returned from a one night stay (was gong to be 2 but soon decided 1 was enough in this place) , just me and my wife stay here, toilets dirty, showers dirty, dog poo in the tent field (owners dog wanders freely) the owners were rude on us checking in, not welcoming at all just spitting rules at us, only there an hour and the owner was parading the field picking points with I would say half the campers, he even swore at one young lady for smoking a cigarette (in the great outdoors, I'm a non smoker so not biast) we went for tea in the tea room, yes it was busy but there is only a few tables anyway so not over run, the lady owner the wife of the bad mannered farmer was not pleasant in taking my order, tutted at one point, we actually left the cafe without eating as the manner of this lady was unbearable ...this place was a All made to order, last order date for teacher gifts is 20th July. you can have any wordings and colours recommendation by a friend ...I will follow on the recommendation of this place with "I recommend you don't go" yes it's cheap but manners cost nothing and this place hasn't got any, or anything else gong for it! Badly run and in desperate need of anger management ! Stay away

5  Thank chantelle r
Chris S, Owner at Beacon Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Hi Chantelle,

I would like to respond to your review. I noticed that you have given us a terrible review around a year ago and I have to ask myself that if it was that bad, then why did you return to us? No body from Saltburn was booked on this weekend, so I have to question the credibility of this review. Thanks.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Please ignore the previous 3 reviews folks , who are all from the same crowd who were about to be thrown off anyway due to the disgusting language from small children . As ever the staff were friendly and helpful . We will be back again for sure.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dave M
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We have been to beacon farm twice now and we love it the owners are very nice (thanks for loaning me your pegs and the cable) the veiws are great and there tea room is lovely we will be back again and again. See you soon

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Craig B
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The owner was very rude and aggressive to wards our group and for the things he said and for him to say about other campers were complaining there was us and three others would not recommend to anyone

3  Thank Johndalkin