“not very good.”

Description: Phone Number 01947 820053
Selby, United Kingdom
“not very good.”
Reviewed 15 January 2012

The tables we're mucky and the staff we're not busy either.

• Visited January 2012

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Worst fish and chips in England.”
Reviewed 17 December 2011

When i first saw this place and they fried in oil I thought this was just what I wanted,most places in Whitby fry in beef dripping how can this be healthy as its the fat of a cow it should be banned from use, most use it because its cheap.Gatsbys were doing a lunch special so my friend and I went in.Haddock and chips tea bread and butter at £6-50p.I did not expect a large fish but I expected something edible.When the fish arrived it did not look appetising on tasting it,it was disgusting the batter was soggy and the fish did not taste of haddock although it did state fresh whitby fish.Both myself and my friend were unable to eat it.i did complain that it was not fresh and did not even taste like Haddock and altough they appologised they did not seem interested.The place should be closed down for misrepresentation.I had to go into a local chemist to get some indegestion tablets to take the taste away. Without doubt the worst fish and chips in England.

• Visited December 2011
4 Thank howard j
York
“Service so bad it was funny”
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Poor fish & chips (especially for Whitby) and belligerent staff.

Just like John Clease staying on at a hotel as he was so fascinated with the rude behaviour of the owner (which later lead to writing Fawlty Towers) ..... We carried on drinking cups of tea at Gatsby's just so we could watch the staff being rude to other customers!

Eventually we were asked to leave so as to free up our table to people ordering something more expensive than tea!

• Visited August 2011
3 Thank Paul S
“Terrible food and restaurant”
Reviewed 24 November 2011

I went yesterday worse fish and chips I ever had fish was taseless batter was poor did not taste of ihaddock should be closed down

2 Thank Carpoo
Newcastle, UK
“Cheap grub and good portions”
Reviewed 5 September 2011

I visited Gatsby's with my partner a couple of days ago and I have to say, the meal was quite pleasant. We only wanted a quick bite to eat before heading to the pubs on a Saturday night and Gatsby's did the job. The cafe seating downstairs was closing at about 8.30pm when we visitied, whihc ended up to our advantage as we were seated upstairs in the restaurant. The views from our window seat were fab. We both ordered cheeseburgers, which cost only £5.95 and were served with a good helping of thick chips (not homemade unfortunately, but tasty all the same) and a side salad. The burgers were very greasy, but they were also very tasty and good value wiht the portion size. One down side is that the toilet upstairs was quite grubby but for a quick meal before hitting the Whitby pubs, Gatsby's is ideal and we would return.

• Visited September 2011