Two night deal booked through Living Social. Very Good value. Bedroom was lovely, with large fire place and wood panelling. The bathroom is in need of an upgrade, no space for toiletries or anywhere to hang towels. The ceiling sprang a leak, from the bathroom in the staff accomodation above, we were offered another room immediately but as it seemed to be a minor problem and we were only there for one more night, we decided not to move. The meal in the restaurant on the first night was lovely.Excellent fish and venison, Full english breakfast was tasty and the honey porridge was delicious! The staff were very helpful and attentive. The Inn is undergoing restoration so is a work in progress. If you can get over that, its a lovely place to stay in a convenient spot in the heart of beautiful Whitby!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The White Horse & Griffin is an almost 450 year old Coaching Inn, the first built in Whitby to serve the route to London. Operating these days as a Restaurant with Rooms it is situated on an unspoilt cobbled shambles near the base of Whitby's famous 199 Abbey Steps. The building is technically on 3 floors but is actually on 7 different levels. It boasts 10 unique and quirky bedrooms full of history and character. The walls are bumpy, the stairs are narrow and the ceilings are low. The Bistro/ Restaurant is cosy and heated by an open fire. The food is outstanding with the signature dishes (such as the Seafood Meze for 2 & the Fillet Sharing Platter) saying much about the place - great quality, great quantity, designed for sharing and, as with much in life, you get what you are prepared to pay for. The WH&G is best suited to couples and groups who want to get away, eat great food, drink good wine, meet new people, join in with the atmosphere and then retire to a hand-made bed with a hand stuffed mattress to regroup before a chef-cooked breakfast. As well as a comprehensive English Breakfast choices in the morning also include Fortune's Kippers, Smoked Haddock, Kedgeree, Scrambles, Omlettes, Fresh Fruits and Honeyed Porridge. A major benefit is that the heart of unspoiled North Yorkshire and its Coast is outside the front door in either walking or steam train distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Book Direct Rooms, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your White Horse and Griffin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White Horse And Griffin Hotel Whitby
- White Horse And Griffin Whitby