What a lovely little find in the heart of Whitby...
We managed to book in for one nights stay in this lovely quirky little place.The last remaining room available was a doulble room with a shared bathroom which was fine by us. The only problem we had was that within the shared bathroom there wasn't a shower but a bath with attached shower head to which the water just trickled out making it difficult to get a full wash. Also at night on returning to our room the courtyard and stairway were poorly lit. We have since pointed this out to the owner.
Our room its self was really lovely "shabby chic" in style and very clean and comfortable. We loved the little attention to detail... like the fresh flowers and tea and biscuits. We also had a great view of the little courtyard area. Which was very inviting and a lovely little place to relax in.
The shop attached to the buisness was like a little emporium full of nice things most of which were ethical and organic products.
The Shepherds purse is a gem of a find and we will most definitely be returning again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful Accommodation in the heart of the Old Town, situated on Whitby's popular East side. Nestled below the roof tops of Church Street is our hidden garden, with galleried court yard accommodation and pretty bedrooms decorated with stripped pine furniture and lacy curtains, four posters and brass bed steads. Private balconies and china cups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon so you can book your The Shepherd's Purse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shepherd`s Purse Hotel Whitby
- Shepherds Purse Hotel Whitby