“Good place to eat”

Arnies Restaurant
Ranked #174 of 214 Restaurants in Whitby
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: This is THE place for the BEST coffee in whitby, there is a sunny shaded area outside the bistro that is great at any time of the year but very special in the summer. fresh whitby fish and other favourites, a full licence and great ice cold drinks
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Went here yesterday, and whitby was crowded. The food was very good (Fish and Chips and Fisherman's Pie). There was a bit of a delay for the Fisherman's Pie but we were kept informed - and even a complementary half for having to wait about an extra 3 mins for it. They quite rightly stopped taking orders for food - about 1.30pm, for a while whilst the kitchen caught up with the orders (a sensible thing to do). The Batter on the fish was light and crisp, no not like concrete. We would definitely go back again.

There are newer reviews for Arnies Restaurant

Reviewed 27 April 2014

This was an awful experience. rowdy people sitting near by and poor food. crab sandwich was inedible and the ploughmans was not what was listed on the menu. no scotch egg (they had not defrosted mmm) and as a replacement some processed water filled chicken. it came with one slice of value brown bread (thin) and when I ordered more I was told I must pay 50p for another slice I refused! I have never ever had such bad food and surly service ever. As whitby fans we shall never return and we have made sure we have told friends too. Service with a smile, politeness etc gets you a long way. PS We are fairly sure that charging for tap water is against the law (this is listed on their menu) we are looking into it.

6  Thank TDCPCC
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Visited Whitby this week and as I was on crutches and had a broken foot I sat down for a brief couple of minutes rest at one of the tables outside this establishment whilst my fellow visitors were making a purchase at the shop opposite before we found somewhere for lunch. No sooner had I sat down and the swaggering overbearing owner of Arnies approached me in a very threatening manner and demanded that I move on! I attempted to explain my injury and that my wife and I and our three adult friends and two children were wanting to shortly eat lunch but to no avail.
No wonder I suspect that the entire establishment was empty both inside and out without a Patron in sight! if this is the standard of customer service that one can expect at Arnies!
PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS!
We went on to spend the best part of £100 and eat an excellent very enjoyable meal at nearby Trenchers which I can highly recommend!

5  Thank Tony S
arnold d, Owner at Arnies Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

This review is malicious and untrue. PLEASE IGNORE. thankyou

Reviewed 17 February 2014

The wind was howling (ask the stall holders from the market!), the rain was about to come and the blackboard option of lamb stew in a Yorkshire seemed to good to miss - bit of a no brainer really - well that was until we saw the crab sarnies on the next table (plus fries of course) !!
We stuck to our guns and bravely ordered the lamb stew and mince in a Yorkshire too - on arrival the hottest food kept us going for ages - that's to say a 10 inch Yorkshire, dumplings mash and of course the main dish too

Nice glass of wine as well actually and 15 minutes of friendly tips about where to go and what to see and we pondered a cake tea (around 18 hours after digestion had a chance to have kicked in!) (ps £6.95 for the mains)

This is a great place so go...!!..and arrive early

1  Thank Loquax
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Me, the other half and the dog had lunch here during here's visit to Whitby. We sat outside with our dog which was good as some places don't allow dogs. We had a warm goats cheese sandwich a tea and coffee. The coffee was quite small which was a shame, the food was ok, could have been warmer and service was a little slow to say it wasn't that busy. But they had good vegetarian and dairy free options which was an advantage. Would probably go again if we were in the area.