“Perfect B&B after biking”
Review of Dyma Ni

Dyma Ni
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Whitby
Dyma Ni
Ranked #132 of 151 Whitby B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Small, family run bed and breakfast, only two rooms makes this a perfect retreat from busy lives. We stayed for one night after completing the Cinder Trail from Scarborough to Whitby. Storage space for bikes as well.

Lots of little quirks and personal touches; I could quite happily wake up in this room every day - totally peaceful. Tea, chocolate and coffee along with homemade cakes and biscuits - delicious (ate them all)

Breakfast was divine with homemade jams which are also available to buy.

We will definitely be going back, Pippa and Paul were a very lovely couple.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Dyma Ni

Reviewed 14 July 2013

I was searching for accommodation in Whitby for a one night stay for myself, my partner and my parents as we had arranged to meet relatives at the end of their coast to coast walk. I didn't realise that many places have a two night stay policy at the weekends but luckly, after a long search, Pippa and Paul at Dyma Ni were able to offer us accommodation.

I am so happy that we stayed here. On arrival, Pippa was very friendly and welcoming and showed us to our rooms, which were beautifully decorated and furnished and immaculately clean. Each room had a tin of delicious homemade cakes and Pippa brought us fresh milk so we could enjoy a brew and a cake after our journey from Manchester. There were also chocolates and a card with a welcome message which I thought was a lovely gesture. The rooms had a vintage feel but without being too chinzy or too old fashioned.

My partner and I had a double room with a large, modern, ensuite bathroom with a separate shower. My parents had the room with a smaller shower room but they were still very happy with their room with a king sized bed and plenty of wardrobe space.

The B&B is about a 15 minute walk away from Whitby. We discovered a nice pub called The White House along the way, which was a welcome sight on a hot, sunny day as it had a lovely beer garden overlooking the sea where we enjoyed a drink in the sun before continuing into Whitby. It would still be a convenient location for people to stay even if they do not enjoy walking very far as it would only be a short taxi journey to Whitby. We thought the location was perfect as it was nice and peaceful away from the busy area of Whitby.

After a great night's sleep in the cosy bed, (only interupted by a squalking seagull in the morning) we enjoyed a tasty breakfast in the dining room. There was a choice of fruit juices, cereal, fruit and yoghurt, followed by a delicious cooked breakfast and plenty of toast, tea and coffee.

Overall, I can honestly say this is one of the nicest B&Bs I have stayed in. I cannot find any reason to fault this place and I would without a doubt return here and recommend Dyma Ni to my family and friends. Pippa is a great host and made us feel very welcome and at home.

Thank you Pippa and Paul!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2012

This was our second stay with Pippa and Paul at Dyma Ni. It is always a pleasure to stay here.

From arrival Pippa is a welcoming face and always provides us with everything we need and extra. She even made us little Halloween cupcakes for our arrival which was very nice and they were delicious :)

Pippa also went out of her way each day making fresh bread and lovely cooked breakfasts. This year I tried each of her freshly cooked vegetarian meals and which were very nice.

Pippa also provides a full hearty breakfast for those that are meat eaters like my boyfriend and also those that are either vegetarian or vegan.

Our yearly holiday in Whitby would not be the same without staying at Dyma Ni as it has become part of the experience and now a friendly face that we see like a second home. It is a very warm, inviting and friendly environment. We always miss it afterwards, the comfy bedding, the bad tv shows on the free view ( mainly Smallville at the moment), the en-suite with the nicest bath I have ever experienced yet, as well as the lovely power shower. Everything being so immaculate and comfortable. LUXURY!
And of course our daily encounters with the lovely Pippa in the morning at breakfast as well as at night just before we go out when she wonders what outfit I will wear tonight. Since me and my boyfriend go for the goth weekend I like to dress up a bit.

This is an excellent bed and breakfast and I am glad I found it on the internet. We found a really nice place to stay, a gem and we met the nicest owners you could ask for.

This was our second visit and we have already booked our third but I think there will hopefully be many more to come.

We already miss being there and can not wait to stay again.

Thanks again to Pippa and Paul.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2012

me and my wife over the years have been in many b/b along the east coast but have never been welcomed more than when we arrived at the Dyna NI pippa was was so friendly and helpfull the room was spotless and bed comfy the breakfast next morning was the best in all the b/bs we have stayed at and have recommended the DYMA NI to all our friend.s so to pippa and dave thanks and see you on our next visit peter/julie

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank peterrochdale
Reviewed 9 September 2012

You will not be disapointed with this b&b its the best we have stayed in in whitby and we come here every year
Pipa is amazing from the moment you arrive to the day you go
she cannot do enough for you and the breakfast is top notch
the rooms are spotless and the bed is most comfy one ive slept on
me and my partner had a great time there and Pipa told us about a pub wich does food to die for in sandsend a 25 min walk along the beach called the hart inn
you will not be disapointed with the food just go earley for the crab as it soon goes
its a nice walk along the seafront to the harbour about 15 mins
we did a fishing trip on the last day and caught loads pipas husband paul gutted them for us and packed them in a bag with an ice pack for our journey home
above and beyond the call of duty
we will be back there next may all been well cant wait to meet you both again

steve & julia

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with IKnowUK
1  Thank joolsandsteve
Reviewed 29 August 2012

from the minute you are welcomed to the minute you leave it was absolutely worth every penny.the room and ensuite are spotless.pippa and paul the owners were freindly and helpful.pippas breakfast were very filling and her home made cake that she left in your room was delicious.my husband and i will definately be returning and would thoroughly recommend it .

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2012

This is a welcoming, friendly and spotlessly clean B&B. Pippa looked after us so well, even replenishing the tin of home made cake in our room every day! The breakfast menu was varied and the food delicious. We had a lovely en suite room with a very comfortable bed. Thoroughly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple