“Long Kings Chinese Restaurant Whitby”

New Long King's Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #153 of 214 Restaurants in Whitby
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We were recommended this Chinese Resaurant by Emma and Zed of The Riviera hotel, Whitby. The decor in the place could be upgraded. The conservatory dining area could do with a lick of paint. So saying the waiting staff were very helpful and really friendly. The dishes that we ordered were exactly as was described by the waiter and really delicious. We had Crab and sweet corn soup and chicken noodle. Both were delicious and served piping hot. Our next course was Chicken chow me in served with a housing sauce and Singapore style chow me in. I'm not fond of overly spicy food and the waiter assured me this was not spicy whereas my husband wanted and got a hit spicy meal. We could not eat a sweet as we were full. Overall I'd go there again if l was in the area and would recommend it to friends.

1  Thank 23JO48AN

Reviewed 13 September 2013

On a recent visit to Whitby, we stopped for a take away. Both my husband and myself feel that this was one of the best take aways ever. The rice was so fresh it made us wonder what we had been having served up in the past. There was more than sufficient for each of us and it was very tasty too. We would certainly call again!

2  Thank Elizabeth M
Reviewed 17 August 2013

A good value for money meal, very friendly staff. Lovely view of the sea. Would go again and would recommend it to others.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

We were staying at The Towers (which I sadly can't review because I know one of the persons who looks after it) and used this Chinese for a family get together. We had the set menu of £15 per person and the food was so delicious that even our picky nine year old grandson ate well! We had a brilliant night, with excellent service. Decor might well be starting to fade but that became of no interest once the food arrived.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

We ate here prior to returning home from our weekend at Whitby. We were therefore quite anxious to have a good meal but without spending too much time over it. This wasn't a problem as the service was very quick and cheerful.
The menu is a typical standard Chinese one with plenty of choice. I had the duck in an orange sauce with boiled rice. It was very tender and cooked to perfection. The sauce was fine but nothing special.
The ambience of the place is good because it overlooks the sea and we had a window seat overlooking it!