“Very friendly”

New Long King's Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #134 of 213 Restaurants in Whitby
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very friendly”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Very traditional Chinese, friendly and comfortable. Loved the dessert! Orange sorbet in a real frozen orange scooped out! Brought back childhood memories :-)

Visited November 2013
1 Thank hoodledoodles

Montrose, United Kingdom
“Long Kings Chinese Restaurant Whitby”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We were recommended this Chinese Resaurant by Emma and Zed of The Riviera hotel, Whitby. The decor in the place could be upgraded. The conservatory dining area could do with a lick of paint. So saying the waiting staff were very helpful and really friendly. The dishes that we ordered were exactly as was described by the waiter and really delicious. We had Crab and sweet corn soup and chicken noodle. Both were delicious and served piping hot. Our next course was Chicken chow me in served with a housing sauce and Singapore style chow me in. I'm not fond of overly spicy food and the waiter assured me this was not spicy whereas my husband wanted and got a hit spicy meal. We could not eat a sweet as we were full. Overall I'd go there again if l was in the area and would recommend it to friends.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank 23JO48AN
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Take Away”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

On a recent visit to Whitby, we stopped for a take away. Both my husband and myself feel that this was one of the best take aways ever. The rice was so fresh it made us wonder what we had been having served up in the past. There was more than sufficient for each of us and it was very tasty too. We would certainly call again!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Elizabeth M
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Great”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

A good value for money meal, very friendly staff. Lovely view of the sea. Would go again and would recommend it to others.

Visited August 2013
Carlisle, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely family get together”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We were staying at The Towers (which I sadly can't review because I know one of the persons who looks after it) and used this Chinese for a family get together. We had the set menu of £15 per person and the food was so delicious that even our picky nine year old grandson ate well! We had a brilliant night, with excellent service. Decor might well be starting to fade but that became of no interest once the food arrived.

• Visited August 2013