“afternoon tea”

Brace Restaurant & Grill
Price range: US$40 - US$94
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Intimate, relaxed dining in the most sublime of atmospheres, and of course exquisite food. That's what guest's enjoy when they take a seat in the Brace Restaurant. Our restaurant takes all the best elements of a traditional steak house and creates a stunning gourmet experience that is not easily beaten.All the meat served in the Brace Restaurant has been reared by Yorkshire farmers, and is cooked the traditional way and grilled on the bone in order to maximise the flavour.With the bounty of the North Sea a stones throw away, guests who visit the Brace Restaurant are not restricted to the finest meats Yorkshire has to offer, but also some of the finest fish and shellfish in the world.
Reviewed 6 November 2012

My sister and I called in to Raithwaite Hall for me to have a look around as my sister has stayed there twice and was very impressed. We had Afternoon Tea whilst there and the staff were attentive but a bit slow but the afternoon tea was very good. The place itself is set in beautiful grounds and it is quite unusual I think to have a brand new build hotel in England it is beautifully furnished in a more modern style I am looking forward to going back soon to stay as Sandsend is a favourite place.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

Was almost to perfect. Very new when visited for sunday lunch. Not much of an atmosphere but I got the impression it hadn't really got going properly. My pork was very fatty and the gravy was cold. the whole place looked a bit sterile. It was nice but not as nice as the prices of the environment suggests it should be. I think it will improve over time.
I'm told that afternoon tea is lovely.

1  Thank traveller84Uk
Reviewed 15 October 2012

We had dinner in the restaurant and it was wonderful. Although they had a wedding at the hotel that evening they still provided great customer service and did not make us feel rushed. The food was wonderful from the scallop starter, the perfectly cooked steak main through to the pear dessert. I will definitely be returning very soon and I will be recommending them to all our friends.

Reviewed 2 October 2012

Whilst visiting Whitby last week we drove past Raithwaite so thought we'd pop in for a look as a few friends had mentioned it to us. On looking round we read the menu for Brace so decided to book that evening. On arrival we had a drink in the bar and were given a menu. I ordered the scallops and my husband the soup for starters which were amazing. I believe the scallops were local and the soup homemade with some lovely warm crusty bread. For mains he ordered the rib-eye steak which was cooked to perfection and I ordered the local grouse which was something I'd not tried before but it was a real treat. Our dessert was a taster plate which even had happy anniversary writen on the plate which was a great touch.Our server was a young man who I think was called Sabber who looked after us throughout the meal and even showed us through to the bar area with our coffees after dinner. We had an amazing anniversary and will be back again and this time we will be staying.

Reviewed 23 September 2012

We visited this hotel last Saturday for afternoon tea, as we were quite early we decided to have a drink first, it was a lovely day so we had it on the terrace, the garden is gorgeous. We then went to have a look around to see the restaurant and bar and told one of the staff members that we were booked for afternoon tea and asked him where we should go. He seemed very confused on where to send us and told us to take a seat in the bar. We had booked in advance but it was like if nobody was expecting us. He brought us some menu and we ordered two traditional afternoon tea. The tea got brought to us first but without any milk, we had to ask the waiter for it. And then the sandwiches were brought with the cakes. We had no explanation on the sandwiches and cakes. They don't give you any side plate either to share everything. The menu clearly stated as part of the selection beef and horseradish sandwiches but we didn't had them, no member of staff were around to actually tell them and nobody came to do a check back at any point. The cakes were very dry and not very tasty, just very sweet. Then someone asked us if we were ready for our scones we said yes and let them know about the fact that we didn't had the beef sandwiches the gentleman barely apology and said he was going to have a word with chef and bring them out but at this point we were having the cake and didn't fancy them anymore. The scones came and it was one plain and one sultanas, the best part of their afternoon tea. The overall quality of the afternoon tea and the service was extremely disappointed. Also they were no ambiance as we were the only table sat in the bar for most of the time, only one other table of two came and seat as we were almost going. For a sunny Saturday in Whitby we couldn’t believe how quiet the bar was, but after our experience we do. We certainly do not recommend their afternoon tea and would definitely not go back.

2  Thank lj250