“Excellent restaurant with good service, though pricey” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #97 of 213 Restaurants in Whitby
Price range: US$37 - US$87
Cuisines: British, European
Good for: Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Intimate, relaxed dining in the most sublime of atmospheres, and of course exquisite food. That's what guest's enjoy when they take a seat in the Brace Restaurant. Our restaurant takes all the best elements of a traditional steak house and creates a stunning gourmet experience that is not easily beaten.All the meat served in the Brace Restaurant has been reared by Yorkshire farmers, and is cooked the traditional way and grilled on the bone in order to maximise the flavour.With the bounty of the North Sea a stones throw away, guests who visit the Brace Restaurant are not restricted to the finest meats Yorkshire has to offer, but also some of the finest fish and shellfish in the world.
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Excellent restaurant with good service, though pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2012

Dinner in the restaurant was very enjoyable. Good atmosphere on arrival at the hotel with prompt and efficient service. The quality of food was first class, the only downside was the high price - 3 courses with a half bottle of wine amounted to £60 per head.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

London, United Kingdom
“No luxury and splendour in sight!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2012

I'll start with the (I'm afraid) only positive. We went here with my parents for Sunday lunch. The food was cheap for what it was and I was surprised by the price. However, the pigeon was overcooked and quite dry. On the Raithwaite Hall website they boast 'luxury and splendour' and a 'premier food experience' neither of which are remotely accurate. The furniture (especially the chairs) are in a very bad state. The cocktail list is limited. However, the biggest let-down was the service and the staff! We had an appalling incident where my mum was given a dirty glass from another table! Previous to this visit I was considering staying in one of their suites for a weekend but now I think I'll spend my money elsewhere!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“afternoon tea”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2012

My sister and I called in to Raithwaite Hall for me to have a look around as my sister has stayed there twice and was very impressed. We had Afternoon Tea whilst there and the staff were attentive but a bit slow but the afternoon tea was very good. The place itself is set in beautiful grounds and it is quite unusual I think to have a brand new build hotel in England it is beautifully furnished in a more modern style I am looking forward to going back soon to stay as Sandsend is a favourite place.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
UK
“sunday lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

Was almost to perfect. Very new when visited for sunday lunch. Not much of an atmosphere but I got the impression it hadn't really got going properly. My pork was very fatty and the gravy was cold. the whole place looked a bit sterile. It was nice but not as nice as the prices of the environment suggests it should be. I think it will improve over time.
I'm told that afternoon tea is lovely.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank traveller84Uk
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A wonderful meal in a great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

We had dinner in the restaurant and it was wonderful. Although they had a wedding at the hotel that evening they still provided great customer service and did not make us feel rushed. The food was wonderful from the scallop starter, the perfectly cooked steak main through to the pear dessert. I will definitely be returning very soon and I will be recommending them to all our friends.

• 5 of 5 bubbles