“Very enjoyable”

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Very enjoyable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Had a fabulous and relaxing couple of hours. We have visited other ceramic places before and this lovely shop did not disappoint. The couple that run the shop are lovely and left us alone to paint after giving us a brief explanation. A lovely afternoon!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Sarah S

Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"Great experience"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

I went here with my two daughters (aged 4 and 10 years) and they had a wonderful time.

The lady is very friendly and gave plenty of helpful advice to my daughters on how to paint the two figurines they selected to achieve an even glaze.

There is a huge array of colours to choose from (helpfully displayed in their true finished (fired) colours on a row of small dolphins on the wall).

I was a little apprehensive about the finished pieces surviving posting to our home address (we were unable to collect the items personally after firing). However, my fears were unfounded, as five days later they arrived safely, very well packaged, with a lovely glaze on each figurine.

My daughters were both delighted, and it made our trip to Whitby memorable.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank John P
Sheffield, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Lovely afternoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

I went here as part of a hen party weekend and we were made to feel very welcome. The process was explained clearly and the lady was happy for us to drink the bubbly we bought with us. She showed us techniques to create an Emma Bridgewater style and our 'hen' was thrilled with the teaset we painted for her and we all said we would come back on a return visit, having got the bug.

The only thing I would say is allow longer than you think to paint... (I'd say allow about 3 hours) we were so engrossed we didn't see the hours fly by!

A lovely way to spend an afternoon before walking by the sea.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Rubybuttons
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Avoid if you have children”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

Very overpriced - thought the high price of the blank pottery was to cover costs of paint etc. but then we were charged £3.50 per person painting as well. Cost us nearly £70 to paint 4 small items of pottery. Female owner was a complete nightmare with our small children, constantly fussing around us, telling them not to squeeze too much paint out, not to touch stuff in the shop, how to wash their hands etc etc. Made us all feel very uncomfortable and on edge. Would not recommend this place with children at all.

Visited April 2013
6 Thank pitcherj
Manchester, England
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Something completely different”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

I went here with my fiancee (and our puppy!) and we had a great time. I wasn't sure what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised. You pick the piece that you want to paint, choose your colours, brushes, sponges and shapes and then off you go creating. You can buy a drink while you're there and then you just paint. I decorated a dog bowl and I'm no da'Vinci, but it turned out ok. We were visiting Whitby, so, after our pieces had fired, we had them posted to us.

Its a great way to unwind and be creative. There's a great selection of things to paint and the prices start off nice and low, so it doesn't have to be an expensive couple of hours.

Visited March 2013