“Could be Better”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Had to wait to be served as staff wewre chatting to their friends. The Boss and to remind them to serve us. We were the only table in use, bar the friends. Breakfast was ok, the whole time had to listen as one of them said she should not have come out as she had been ill, Must have eaten somthing !!!!

Not a good advertisment for a cafe..

Reviewed 25 September 2013

When there on advice from b&b ,warmish welcome then took a while to get served when breakfast arrived my other half black pudding not cooked bacon cold when complained they said they forgot about us and rushed it through ,not bad to say there was only six people in .didnt pay for breakfast but got charged for the tea which should have been in with the meal ,will not go there again.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Went to janes kitchen on a Sunday 15th sept, this was the first time and last. Me and my husband ordered 2 full breakfasts which included tea/ coffee and toast for £5.95. When ordering was asked if wanted black pudding which was not even on the menu which was a good sign,or so I thought. Then my breakfast came ( just to mention i am a chef for a living ) first black pudding was not cooked all way through, beans cold,sausage cold and mushrooms where raw not just underdone RAW. So I told a waitress and said I can't eat this and her reply was "oh sorry we had forgot about your order so we rushed it through" then a another lady came over and said so sorry ill not charge you for one breakfast. Went to pay and was told that would. £7:45 I said thought u was not charging me for a breakfast she said that £1:50 for your cup of tea. Unbelievable !!!!!!!!!

2  Thank Julie S
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We called in just for a couple of drinks upon our arrival in Whitby, then we decided to have a couple of toasted teacakes/. They were so large that we did not want any lunch. Great value, will definitely call again.

1  Thank David S
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We go for breakfast everytime we come to Whitby.
So clean and friendly. They will make you anything you ask, doesn't have to be on the menu. The home made cakes a lovely.
A very homely friendly cafe that doesn't hurt the pocket !!