“Great little place”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Went here a few weeks ago with some friends while we were in Whitby for a short holiday. We all had a different meal and the food and portion sizes were excellent. Perfectly cooked and nice and hot with plenty of choice on the menu, we could not fault it. The staff were lovely and the place was spotless. They had a lovely selection of home made cakes and desserts at reasonable prices but we were all so full after our meal we could not eat anything else. We will certainly go back next time we are in Whitby and would recommend this little place without hesitation. I cannot believe some of the negative reviews left previously and I have to ask myself did these people eat in the same place as us? Give it a try and see for yourself.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We had the afternoon tea which consisted of a pot of tea, a sandwich and a cream scone....all for £5, excellent value for money and nicely presented. The cafe was very busy when we ate but the staff were helpful and friendly.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We visited here for breakfast after spending the night in whitby.

Both of us had a full English breakfast.
Tomatoes were tinned plum variety which was a little disappointing and not clear from the menu. The produce, whilst cooked well, seemed to be budget, which we didn't feel was reflected in the price.

At twelve quid for two breakfasts, we could've gone to wetherspoons and got slightly better fare for cheaper, however we do like to support local businesses.

It wasn't a bad breakfast, and we ate it, but I don't think I'd hurry back.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Me and my partner went in late yesterday afternoon. He got a breakfast. The toast was burnt and the sausage and bacon hard and rubbery and tasted awful as if it was a day old. I got the homemade curry which was powdery and really strong and overpowering. I asked if i could have half rice half chips and was told tui couldnt as of the portion sizes. The staff hovered and i could see in the kitchen everything wad microwaved. Out of all the places in Whitby we cose this. So dissapointed!!!!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Where else could you get a cream tea for a fiver ?! Tea, sandwich, scone, cream and jam with friendly service. Not top quality that you would expect from a posh tea shop but great nonetheless. Do recommend it? Yup! Would I go again? Yup !!

1  Thank Alan R