“Excellent late lunch with great views”

Cross Butts Stables Restaurant
Ranked #41 of 216 Restaurants in Whitby
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Stables restaurant, we are open daily from 7am till late. Whether you are just dropping by for coffee and cake or joining us for breakfast, lunch or an evening meal - our relaxed environment makes us a perfect venue for drinking or dining or both! At the Stables we pride ourselves on our freshly prepared home made food and offer a wide variety of seasonal dishes. Our meals are created by a team of highly experienced chefs using locally supplied quality produce.
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We were staying in Whitby and had been recommended this restaurant which is a short drive out of town. It was blowing a gale and raining but that didn't spoil the views across the lovely garden and the valley. We both had the battered fish and were very impressed with our meal. The portions were more than ample. Service was fast and friendly and the whole place gave us a warm feeling all at a very reasonable price. We will certainly be going there again next time we're in the area.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

We have a static caravan just outside Whitby so often call at the stables for a late lunch. The food is always excellent, the wine delicious and the staff very pleasant, polite and helpful. Our grandchildren also love to go and have a wander in the garden, find the gruffallo, look at the animals, run round in the huge space whilst we enjoy a drink in the sun.

Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Taking advantage of a evening together my partner and I took a drive to Whitby. We have ate at cross butts a few times but only once for dinner. We arrived and sat in the garden and admired the outstanding views, whilst chilling and pursuing the menu. I myself was spoilt for choice however I chose the duck pate and seabass with crab on a bed of risotto, my partner opted for duck spring rolls and beef sizzler. Once seated in the conservatory the food arrived promptly and the pate and his spring rolls were tasty. The main course arrived and again was tasty especially my partners sizzler. The bill for 2 courses, 2 glasses wine and a pint totalled 54 quid. The only slight gripe I have is "please clear the main course away prior to offering the dessert menu" if given 5-10 mins grace we would have probably had dessert but when you are still looking at dirty plates dessert is the last thing you want. However it is a lovely place and the older chap who waits on is lovely.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

While on holiday last week we visited this restaurant every nigh for our evening meal.The food was delicious and the staff were lovely. Our waiter was called Michael and nothing was too much trouble for him. The portions were huge and the food was amazing. When i said i could not manage the huge ice cream he suggested i just have the kids one and it was more than enough . The fish and chips were fab. We enjoyed the chicken with saute potatoes in a white wine sauce which came separately suited me as i dont like wine sauces. When i told him to give my complements to the chef he said it would be a pleasure as the chef was his brother and he was very proud of him. The chap behind the bar Greg remembered our drinks after our 1st night so we did not have to ask every night.Its a wonderful setting and the gardens are beautiful. They also sold eggs and vegetables fresh from the farm.We bought some eggs and they were lovely.We will be back again when next in Yorkshire.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

For a few years when in Whitby often eat at this very good restaurant. Pleasant helpful staff and nice large surroundings with large car park and garden.

Most memorable though is the constant excellent quaility and presentation of the food. The evening menu presents good choice well cooked and always feel I must give my complements to chefs and staff. Food during the day is equally good and if there for breakfast then I recommend without hesitation.