“The plaice to have you're lunch”

Robertsons Fish Restaurant
Ranked #45 of 216 Restaurants in Whitby
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“The plaice to have you're lunch”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My wife and I have been to Whitby today and went into Robertsons fish restaurant and was made most welcome and was served by a lovely young lady we both had cod & chips bread & butter and tea for £ 5.95 each the chips were the best chips we have had for sometime the fish was beautiful and the service was very good.we would recommend the fish restaurant at bridge road Whitby to everyone.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank fluffyessex1

“Really good chips”
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

We went on a quiet midweek evening. Service was good (a young but competent lad!) and prices fair too. My chips and spring rolls were great, the kipper was very tasty too. The salad was much better than expected too (although you probably dont go to a chippy for the salad!) would certainly go again when next in whitby. - Opening times vary out of season so go early for tea time!

York
“Superb! ”
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

Although this is a fish restaurant I have just finished eating my three delicious battered veggie sausages, chips, onion rings, mushy peas, and a salad garnish, with a pot of tea. A treat was the jumbo ketchup sachets, they were huge and easy to open, what a treat. Robertsons is wonderful; I am writing this review whilst my husband is settling the bill. Everything about the place was fab, the clean toilets, decor, the friendly staff, clean establishment, excellent food, and the presentation. Both my husband and I couldn't fault it; we are from York and so thought before we got the train home we would look for a veggie pasty at the Co-op, we didn't fancy having a bag of chips on the hoof. It's a cold February day and being vegetarians didn't expect to find such a delightful place, they cook everything in vegetable oil. For those who do eat fish the portions were huge and we overheard many favourable comments. We will definitely be back, it is one of our favourite places. We thoroughly recommend this establishment.

1 Thank dawn6728
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Top notch chippy”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

We were greeted by friendly staff when we stepped in to get some lovely crispy chips, and were also impressed with their range of deep-fried chocolate bars! Not just Mars and Snickers, but a whole menu of choices. I opted for the Kit Kat Chunky, and it was beautiful! Trust me, if you haven't tried this type of treat, you need to try it, and here is the home of the best one I've ever had.. The only problem was that the local seagulls must know how tasty these things are, as a group of them knocked the last bite out of my hand and onto the floor, scratching my ear in the process.. However, in order to avoid this problem, Robertson's have a separate side to the restaurant where you can eat in and escape the nasty birds :D

• Visited February 2014
“Great veggie food”
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

Great vegetarian option, which is uncommon for fish bars that ive tried in the past. I had battered veggie sausage and chips and although the sausages werent my fave (they were the vegetable kind not quorn/linda mccartney etc) they tasted lovely battered. Food and service was great.

3 Thank Claire G