“"Perfection"”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Warrington, United Kingdom
“"Perfection"”
Reviewed 29 October 2012

We love whitby and all it's charm, however we were getting a little tired of the same limited food choices of fish and chips or pub grub, so while out walking on our second to last day we were very pleased to see a new eating establishment had been opened since our last visit.
We went to Jumpin' Jacks Diner for our dinner the night before we left Whitby and I can say in all honesty the food was 5* as was the service we recieved from the lovely staff in their authentic uniforms. The surroundings were equally as authentic and on the whole it was a great experience, I would recommend it to anyone. I can especially recommend the blue-cheese burger and sweet potato fries, actually, just writing this is making my mouth water!
Our only regret is that we didn't find it earlier in the week!!!

• Visited October 2012

“Fantastic place”
Reviewed 27 October 2012

Great food, good atmosphere and efficient, friendly staff. Whitby has a good variety of cafe's and restaurant's but this is different. Well worth a visit. You will not be disappointed.

New York City, New York
“good food, slow service”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I went here as i recently came back from living in New York and thought i'd check it out. The decor, the menu etc were spot on the only problem i had was the slow service. we waited- in an almost empty diner- 40 minutes for basic food nothing complicated and were issued with the bill straight away- i guess no more drinks for us. i would go back, i am going back but i know not to expect fast service which is unfortunate because it would be great to go to when in a hurry for that sort of food. sadly it's not meant to be. I hope they do sort themselves out and speed up the service, its a good addition to whitby, just frustrating.

• Visited October 2012
“Lovely family tea out”
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Went to jumpin jacks for tea. The service was excellent and the food was to die for. They also had a childrens menu,the burgers were homemade and was soo tasty. Can't wait to go back again. Going again at the weekend for a treat for my son can't wait.

fortiesfloozy
“diner dreamland”
Reviewed 15 October 2012

i seem to have spent the last year 'discovering' my American dream but Jumpin' Jacks really was a discovery, walked up a street and it was, well, there.. couldn't resist going in (i was born too late as the song says) i was like a kid at Christmas, ok so JJ's isn't true vintage as at the time of my visit it had only been open a couple of weeks, i enjoyed chattin' to the staff who wear authentic looking uniform and look fab btw (thanks for allowing me to add your photo) The jukebox is all curves 'n' lights AND five tunes for a quid, oh yeah the food....the menu is varied with typical American fare so there's something for all, we both had burgers with a side order of fries between us, we would of preferred to have fries included with the main meal which is usual, we thought the prices reasonable, especially as the burgers are hand made and sooo tasty. I really hope that Jumpin' Jacks stays around for a long time and that the locals young and old support them in something abit different, great food, lovely staff..even a visit to the loos worth it!

• Visited September 2012