“Ice Cream”

Cuisines: American, Diner, Native American, British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I only had ice cream as I had eaten before hand - my other half had a burger & fries meal. The ice cream was excellent and the décor is beautiful - I felt like I was in the grease movie.
I would definitely go back again

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stumbled upon this 60's style diner and what a find! The food is great, and there is plenty of it, and the service and ambiance were the best. If you are visiting Whitby forget the fish and chips and head for jumpin jacks!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Eleven of us went in for lunch. Great choice, burgers were the best we had had in any eatery. Pancakes and syrup good. Everyone enjoyed their meal.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Went to Jumping Jacks with my family in early April. The diner was not overly busy and we got menus quite quickly. After choosing we waited and waited for service but this did not happen. Orders were taken from other diners who arrived after us and I eventually had to go to the counter to ask for service. We got our drinks then waited for our food which took an extraordinary length of time to arrive. In fact from first sitting at our table it was an hour until we got the food. The food was average but edible. I did raise the service issue with the woman who I assume was the manager and received apologies and a discount. My impression was that there was a staff service issue and a struggle to cope in the kitchen. It spoiled what could otherwise have been a nice experience.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Being a lover of all things American I simply had to drag the family inside.

The decor was absolutely stunning . However the music was played over speakers that we're clearly broken .

The menu selection was huge . I ordered a mega jack , my wife had a cheese salad and the kids a burger and sausage.

Mine was nothing but a salt fest that was tasteless and full of dripping fat . The fries were anemic and not cooked.

The wife's salad tasted of soil and had but one strip of cheese . Something the kids could have done much better.

The kids meals were just as bad.

The waitress asked is "everything ok with the food" I said no its bland tasteless and disgusting , the reply was " Ohhh £35 please"

This is not the American way and the food was straight out of a British greasey spoon , mcdoanlds do America food much better, the kids do it much better come to think of it, as for the service .....

4  Thank Gary B