“American experience in Whitby”
Review of Jumpin' Jacks Diner - CLOSED

Jumpin' Jacks Diner
Cuisines: American, Diner, Native American, British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Huddersfield
“American experience in Whitby”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

me and my hubby went here for breakfast and really liked it that much that we went back for our lunch, I had the pulled pork sandwich and my hubby had the Philly steak sandwich, both come with fries and a side salad. We would definitely go back as it was a nice clean place and the staff were friendly

Visited July 2014

“Very very disappointing”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We visit Whitby regularly and have seen this American style diner before. This time we decided to try it having seen so many positive reviews on Tripadvisor.
The service was very friendly, although it seemed that on this Thursday evening there was only one waitress working, so it took her a while to get round customers who were ready to pay, us wanting to place our order, new people coming in and also having to clear the tables. Anyway, the girl was very friendly.

We both ordered traditional hot dogs and soft drinks. When the hot dogs arrived I thought they didn't look right. Both sausages looked brown (not as in fried brown, more like gone off grey brown) and something just didn't seem right. I bit into mine and the texture was very odd. It was as if was made of chicken mince, or very poor quality pork. It was greyish inside and tasted off. I asked my partner if his was ok but as he took a bite of his hot dog he agreed it didn't taste right and the sausage was not edible and most likely gone off. We explained to the waitress that we could not eat the hot dogs, she apologised, we paid for the drinks and left.
It might be that there was one batch of hot dogs that had gone off, I'm sure (and I hope) normally food served there is nice (or so the reviewers say), however this was enough to ensure we would never return to this diner again. Very disappointing first (and last) visit.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

American style diner that serves different burgers and hot dogs so should be a meal for everyone. Food was made to order and really nice, the side orders of fries were massive and easily enough to share between 2. Definitely should try if you are nearby.

Visited July 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“"A Nice Experience"”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We liked the atmosphere of the diner very different. Music very sixties ie The Beatles also loved the decor. A good meal with ample portions. Could not fault the chicken burgers we had which were very tasty and the salad etc which went with the meal was very fresh. Prices were good. The staff were very friendly nothing was to much trouble for them. Service was with a smile a credit to this diner. When we are in Whitby again we will call in. Children and teenagers here were well catered for and all the families seemed to be enjoying it.

• Visited July 2014
“Good food, value for money, excellent service”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Food very good and good size portions, staff very helpful and friendly (especially Lacey), nice atmosphere very child friendly. Would definatley go back next time I'm in whitby. Recommend you try it!

• Visited July 2014