“Tasty food”

Cuisines: American, Mexican, British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The food was really tasty and there were lots of choice of sandwiches and paninis even when we had a really late lunch.

There are newer reviews for Java

Reviewed 22 May 2014

we had passed this a couple of times and every time it seemed to be really busy. we had breakfast here one morning and the portion size was huge. the staff were really friendly and helpful. we'll definitely be back!!!

1  Thank laura b
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Excellent coffee as always we always stop off here when in Whitby. Friendly staff and pleasant surroundings. Toasted teacakes are our favourite mid-morning snack and at Java they are just right.

1  Thank dollymix7
Reviewed 26 April 2014

There are currently 2 favourite cafes for me in Whitby, (Becketts on Skinner st, for cakes and magic lemonade) and here at Java. 2 different places with 2 different very different atmospheres. Java has pink retro stools and a great view from their large window and the seating area upstairs. Today we were a family of 4. We got 2 different burgers, a wrap and a bacon ciabatta, coffee and milkshakes. It was my husbands first time at the cafe and believe me, he's a fussy eater. He had the choritzo burger with fries and LOVED it. . . . . Mine was the garlic guzzler burger with salad - delish. . . . . even though we couldn't get a window seat we could still see plenty of Goths - which was our whole purpose for being in Whitby. I've been here a number of times in the last couple of years - what most impresses me is that it is CONSISTENTLY good. . .so defo worth a recommendation. many Thanks .

Reviewed 23 April 2014

My family and I adore Java with a passion and make almost daily visits on our frequent trips to Whitby. However, it pains me to say that during our Easter break we felt slightly let down by the service. The female staff were rather unwelcoming - one even started vacuuming the upstairs area whilst we were having our drinks, making it impossible to have a conversation and leaving us feeling in the way. Furthermore, when we tried to pop in for a takeaway at just after 5pm one day we found the place closed. Granted it was a bank holiday but the sign on the door clearly states 'open 8am-6pm daily'. I'm sure it won't put us off coming back - Java's drinks are the most innovative and delicious I have ever tasted and the décor and location is fab - but we'll certainly also be exploring other options. Beckett's just round the corner has a great menu and the staff are incredibly friendly and helpful.