“awful would not recommend”
Review of Fish Box Whitby

Fish Box Whitby
Ranked #64 of 213 Restaurants in Whitby
Cuisines: Seafood, Fast food, British
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Loughborough, United Kingdom
“awful would not recommend”
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I completely disagree with the other reviews. This was the worst first and chips I have had anywhere. Both the service and food was terrible. We decided to try this restaurant because of the good reviews on this website and on entering we were greeted by a very uninterested member of staff who took my order but seemed irritated by me asking questions about the menu. Once the food arrived the order was incorrect and my sons had to be changed. The minute tray I was given to eat from was awful. In order to eat my chips I had to put my fish on the the greasy paper that the chips was wrapped in as there was not enough room for me to have both the fish and chips on the tray. We were not given any cutlery and when I enquired where I could get some from the same assistant snapped that she was bringing me some. The chips also had lots of rotten black bits on them and I had to leave some of them. I would not recommend this place and wish we had waited and chose some of the other nice chippys that we came accross. AVOID!!!!!

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank Claudia C

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“My best fish and chips whilst on holiday!”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Well, what can I say. This was one of the best fish and chip restaurants in Whitby. The scampi, the chips and the beans were delicious and there were a good choice of beverages to suit all tastes - I had a Doctor Pepper and that was as good as anywhere else.

The only very minor of points was that it's not always clear if the restaurant is waiter/waitress or self-order. Seeing as there were tables inside, I assumed it would be waiter/waitress service - however, this didn't turn out to be the case. It certainly paled into the background, having sampled that beautiful meal at the fish box. The staff were pleasant enough.

Definitely recommend for anyone who was thinking about visiting this impressive establishment.

• Visited May 2013
Lake District, United Kingdom
“Great Value for Money”
Reviewed 27 April 2013

By far the best value eat-in Fish and Chips in Whitby! Lovely homemade fishcake, far superior to the standard fish and chip shop type ones. Delicious batter on the cod, delightfully crispy with a generous portion of chips, although the fish itself was a little on the small and thin fish. Definitely a café that we will be returning to though, even if it doesn't quite match up the previous fish and chip shop that was on the same site.

Derbyshire, United Kingdom
“Super tasty fish and chips!”
Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

We have tried a number of the fish and chip shops in Whitby, this is up there with the very best for taste and value. Beautiful beef dripping chips and batter and wonderfully succulent fish. They serve the meals in boxes, which helps keep the batter going soggy. It is located opposite the co op.

Northallerton
“Good Sea Side Food”
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I thought we would give this chip shop & Restaurant a try as we really fancied fish and chips. The only minor point a must say is there is no high chairs available so we ate in the car which we didn;t mind. Food was lovely, all served in a box. Kids meals are quiet big. Will be going back again to this place when we are next in Whitby

1 Thank Georgina A