“Best Chocolate and Fudge shop ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Justin Chocolatier

Justin Chocolatier
Ranked #1 of 26 Shopping in Whitby
Rochester, Kent
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Chocolate and Fudge shop ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

I was there in August, great chocolates and fudge as you would expect, yes it costs a little more, but then this is the real mccoy, as Justin knew. Just a pity he is no longer with us to bring us any new recipes.

I for one are grateful this gem of a sweet shop has survived Justin's demise, great man, great shop - I will keep buying from here on every visit to Whitby, as its one of the best sweet shops in the country.

Durham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Little taste of heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

I call t Justin's whenever I am in Whitby I always call to get some.
I was so sad to hear of Justin's death he was such a character and nothing was too much trouble.
The chocolates are just the same as always beautiful.

London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Someone rated this place poor???”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

Wow!!! i bought loads of stuff from here yesterday its amazing! quite simply the best chocolate shop I have been to. If you are looking for the usual seaside trash dont bother, this place is sheer class. The toffee is traditional, the fudge is not made with oil and the chocolate is beautifully balanced. Try the Bakewell Tart Truffel!!! you wont be dissapointed. I always smile when people wanting an artisanal product dont want to pay for it! dont complain its expensive there is a newsagents around the corner you could buy a snickers in future!

The staff were run off their feet but the lady who served me was certainly not rude or miserable but maybe the previous reviewer caught someone on a bad day?? it does happen and we all have them :-)

I will be going again on Saturday for some more!! THANKS JUSTINS KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Rude and miserable staff and over priced.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

What a big disappointment this establishment is. On entering the shop and being the only customer in there I was at first ignored. When the lady in the shop did serve me it seemed to take all her time and not once did she smile. Her manner was also abrupt. She weighed my purchases (nearly £5 for 2 small bags) took my money, gave me my change and then just walked off leaving my purchases on the scales. No thankyou not even a bag to put my chocolate in. I am all for supporting local business but with this kind of attitude i am amazed they have any customers.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank elaine54321
cannock
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“walk up the abbey then get some fudge !!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

lovely little shop , been run by locals for EVER ..all made on premises, can taste whatever you want ...I had the orange and ginger fudge and xmas special which had nuts cherries etc my friend had white cinder choc and almond and honey fudge , small bag is about 1.20 ish more expensive than you get in the rock shops but much nicer better quality ..GO ON TREAT YOURSELF !!!

Visited June 2013